Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed the ongoing spite toward Troops: Labelling them Murderers and child killers. Terms in my mind, we often do not hear many people label terrorists these days.

In just in general I notice much criticism and dislike of our troops, with nobody speaking of the good work they do, or stop to think if their are 'bad' one it's only a minority.

What's the deal.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are equally hated to be honest. You possibly think that because the population of people who hate British troops in our country are increasing as British nationalism declines in the modern era due to an increase in immigration in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    The only terrorists who are known to me are the British troops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    No need to yonder where that bias claim comes from.

ReputationRep:
    The state kills far more innocent people than terrorists do, views are starting to reflect that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeaceTreaty)
    The state kill far more innocent people than terrorists do, views are starting to reflect that.
    So do Cigarettes.

I almost thought your 'figures' were serious then. But you have none to suggest that.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, unlike those lovely Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters who do such wonderful things as cut off somebodies penis, stick it in their mouth, and then set them on fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c471)
    Are yes, unlike those lovely Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters who do such wonderful things as cut off somebodies penis, stick it in their mouth, and then set them on fire.
    Oh yeeeeeeah. A bit like them NATO soldiers who piss on dead people then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pessimisterious)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rah, can't say i'm surprised that the answers reflect my questions. You even described dead terrorists as 'people'. :eek:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yes….clearly pissing on a dead person is "a bit like" chopping someone's penis off and setting them on fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    So do Cigarettes.

I almost thought your 'figures' were serious then. But you have none to suggest that.
    Which is why rational people hate cigarettes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ns-killed.html

No terrorist could achieve this (pretending the state isn't one)

ReputationRep:
    Which is why rational people hate cigarettes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ns-killed.html

No terrorist could achieve this (pretending the state isn't one)
    You're excluding Jihadists attacks which involve killing people which aren't classed as terrorism. You're merely speaking of Bombs going off. Sunni & Shia violence...you're odd if you believe the troops are killing more people than terrorists. The people killed by the troops would have also been by accident.

You ever also heard of friendly fire where American and British troops have killed one another...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1) Dead. Thats abhorrant. But you think that is an equal act? To have your penis removed and be burned alive, for seeking medical treatment for a child.
    2) There has been one incident of the pissing on dead people.
    I counted several people killed the way above, and lots of my friends have come across similar, it is hardly comparable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c471)
    Ah yes, unlike those lovely Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters who do such wonderful things as cut off somebodies penis, stick it in their mouth, and then set them on fire.
    Source?

The truth is, you're lying.

(Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Oh yes….clearly pissing on a dead person is "a bit like" chopping someone's penis off and setting them on fire.
    Do you take everyone's word on something or are you able to confirm events for yourself?

ReputationRep:
    You're excluding Jihadists attacks which involve killing people. You're merely speaking of Bombs going off. Sunni & Shia violence...
    Yeah and this is just one war. Also would like stats for the amount of people killed by Jihadists.

ReputationRep:
    Because people have an ass-backwards view of the world which sees the powerless as worth defending by virtue of their impotence. If Al Qaeda ran the world - well, we already know what it would be like if Al Qaeda ran the world. The whole world would be like Lebanon, where just today a suicide murderer killed at least 22 people, according to the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25012318).

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed the ongoing spite toward Troops: Labelling them Murderers and child killers. Terms in my mind, we often do not hear many people label terrorists these days.

In just in general I notice much criticism and dislike of our troops, with nobody speaking of the good work they do, or stop to think if their are 'bad' one it's only a minority.

What's the deal.
    Because its fashionable. Its an easy arguement to make for the ignorant people who have no idea about anything on the topic.

It goes in cycles. If there was a more direct threat to the UK, you'd see everybody cheering on those murders and child killers.

They are hated by the happy clappy lefty brigade, until they step in to be maimed in place of those people, in which case they become heroes.

ReputationRep:
    Source?

The truth is, you're lying.

Do you take everyone's word on something or are you able to confirm events for yourself?
    Source: My own eyes and nostrils. I helped clear up the remains.
    So yes, I did confirm it for myself.

ReputationRep:
    Did I write the events were true? Where did I write that?

I was pointing out the insanity of comparing the two acts as being "like" each other.

Even a propagandist like yourself acknowledges my point without even realising it.

ReputationRep:
    The state kills far more innocent people than terrorists do, views are starting to reflect that.
    Ah I see... that must be why you refuse to pay your taxes? Right...?

Everyone thinks they're so noble and smart but everyones a gutless hypocrite.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.