Can I retake maths GCSE? Watch

adalinagjoni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, I'm in year 12 and I have chosen Chemistry, Biology, English Lit and Politics as my 4 AS-levels. I want to do medicine at uni, preferably to become a dentist and I would like to get into a really good uni too so I've started looking at requirements that the unis have and lots of them want an A in maths GCSE. I got a C in maths (due to not taking it seriously and bunking school) so I'm really stuck on how this whole process works. The thing is I know I'll be able to get an A easily now, I just need to know what to do. Thanks so much for your help guys!
Nat_LPS
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by adalinagjoni)
Hey guys, I'm in year 12 and I have chosen Chemistry, Biology, English Lit and Politics as my 4 AS-levels. I want to do medicine at uni, preferably to become a dentist and I would like to get into a really good uni too so I've started looking at requirements that the unis have and lots of them want an A in maths GCSE. I got a C in maths (due to not taking it seriously and bunking school) so I'm really stuck on how this whole process works. The thing is I know I'll be able to get an A easily now, I just need to know what to do. Thanks so much for your help guys!
Hey, not sure if it's the same for maths, but probably, i know a few people retaking english gcses. You can either do it with your college or talk to your secondary school about it (sorry i don't know much about the actual process but it didn't take long to organise or anything). People in our college go on certain days a week for GCSE classes/revision but it's specifically for the college students not yr 11s so it's up to you unless you'd rather do the work by yourself. I'd ask someone at your college about that. Sorry i can't be much more help :s
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
You need to speak to your sixth form tutor or something to get them to enter you for this June.
ChocoholicCox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by adalinagjoni)
#
Yeah you can ask to be entered in June but it will be a big struggle seeing as ur going to be doing the exam during ur a level exams in summer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.04%
The paper was reasonable (388)
42.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.23%

Watched Threads