I'm interested in law but not sure which country I want to practice. Watch

ddtown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My bachelor's isn't in Law but I am considering doing a converter course, the thing is I'm not sure where I want to live after I graduate. I have dual citizenship with Australia because my family are from there and I speak Spanish because I've always loved Spain, so that's three different countries where I would consider living. If I did a converter course here in the UK, does that mean it's invalid in other countries? If so, that means I have to pick a converter course in the country I want to live in?
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ddtown)
My bachelor's isn't in Law but I am considering doing a converter course, the thing is I'm not sure where I want to live after I graduate. I have dual citizenship with Australia because my family are from there and I speak Spanish because I've always loved Spain, so that's three different countries where I would consider living. If I did a converter course here in the UK, does that mean it's invalid in other countries? If so, that means I have to pick a converter course in the country I want to live in?
If you qualify in Spain you can practice either in Spain or the UK as a Spanish lawyer.

There is a mechanism by which can cross qualify as an English (or Scots or NI) lawyer.

If you qualify in England (or Scotland or NI) you should be able to practice in Spain under what is called "home title". Assuming Spain has complied with its EU obligations there should be a method of cross qualifying as a Spanish lawyer.
Egghead123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bangladesh...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.02%
The paper was reasonable (389)
42.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.17%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise