Turn on thread page Beta

What to chose watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello people I'm intending to do civil engineering course next year, I only have 3 options which joining Bolton university on first year course or joining Manchester or Salford university on a foundation course. What do you recommend me to do? Please need help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose the university with the best job prospects. Most likely Manchester as it's russel group, however the opportunity cost is being set back a year. In the long-term it's most probably your best bet, I don't know the university in-terms of ranking for your particular degree however.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester university is great but I have to study there for 4 years whereas I only have to study 3 in Bolton and get the same qualification

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saif-farjawi)
    Manchester university is great but I have to study there for 4 years whereas I only have to study 3 in Bolton and get the same qualification

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then you have to decide whether you think Manchester is more prestigious than Bolton and whether employers will see this.
    Manchester as a city has more to offer than Bolton imo

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.