Turn on thread page Beta

A-level Biology Units 3 and 6 help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I am currently self-stuyding A-level Biology on the Edexcel syllabus. I didn't want to go through one of those distance learning colleges and opted for the much cheaper option of studying it myself so I have no external support.

Units 3 and 6 involve practical work. I'm currently struggling to find the specifications for undertaking the practical elements, what's required of me and what I need to do. I know such guidance exists somewhere on the internet though.

I'd be greatly appreciated if anyone who has studied A-level Biology via Edexcel can point me in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    i always found practicals at a level a huge waste of time anyway, just watch youtube videos of the practicals tbh...

ReputationRep:
    I did A-level Biology by self study last year although it was AQA. I did look at Edexcel though before I found out what exam board the exam centre in which I sat the exams used.

Here's the link to the Edexcel Biology specification including various other materials such as previous exam papers (you have to scroll down a bit).
    http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/studen...fications.aspx

Hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help

I have managed to find a few centres willing to 'authenticate' my coursework before submitting it off to Edexcel for marking, but I'm confused as to how they could reasonably be expected to know it's my own work when I've done it myself?

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome!

Hmm, I don't know, but I imagine they'll know how to deal with it. Maybe they'll just check it for plagiarism to make sure you haven't copied from a website or something.

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of hiring a private tutor and asking them to authenticate my coursework, as I haven't found a single exam centre willing to do it!

Do you know if Edexcel would accept coursework that had been authenticated by a private tutor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezrer)
    I am thinking of hiring a private tutor and asking them to authenticate my coursework, as I haven't found a single exam centre willing to do it!

Do you know if Edexcel would accept coursework that had been authenticated by a private tutor?
    I'm not sure, worth asking though.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.