Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to look for the Edexcel Chemistry (IGCSE) specification for 2014 but I can't find it anywhere The edexcel website only has the 2011 specification and I also found the 2013 one. Does anyone know where I could find the 2014 specification? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~xSarahx~)
    I've been trying to look for the Edexcel Chemistry (IGCSE) specification for 2014 but I can't find it anywhere The edexcel website only has the 2011 specification and I also found the 2013 one. Does anyone know where I could find the 2014 specification? Thanks!
    The 2011 specification is the latest for Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry - it has been assessed since 2011. It totally replaced the 2009 specification in June this year, the 2009 is no longer being assessed. The 2011 specification will be used in 2014 for both the January and Summer series. It is from 2011 not just the 2011 specification, any exams after 2011 use that specification.

The specification on the Edexcel website is the latest issue.

Hope this helps.

KH94,
    Private candidate (Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KH94)
    The 2011 specification is the latest for Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry - it has been assessed since 2011. It totally replaced the 2009 specification in June this year, the 2009 is no longer being assessed. The 2011 specification will be used in 2014 for both the January and Summer series. It is from 2011 not just the 2011 specification, any exams after 2011 use that specification.

The specification on the Edexcel website is the latest issue.

Hope this helps.

KH94,
    Private candidate (Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry)

Thank you so much! I had no idea that they were using the same one for the last 2 years Haha that makes a lot more sense now! Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I had no idea that they were using the same one for the last 2 years Haha that makes a lot more sense now! Thanks again!
    No problem at all. I'm not sure when the next specification will be issued for Edexcel IGCSE courses, but 2011 is the latest. 2009 and 2011 were both active until June this year.

Are you studying IGCSE Chemistry from home or at school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KH94)
    No problem at all. I'm not sure when the next specification will be issued for Edexcel IGCSE courses, but 2011 is the latest. 2009 and 2011 were both active until June this year.

Are you studying IGCSE Chemistry from home or at school?

Ahh see I thought there was a new one every year...oops I'm studying IGCSE Chemistry from school, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh see I thought there was a new one every year...oops I'm studying IGCSE Chemistry from school, what about you?
    From home. Some qualification do have a new one every year, for example AQA A-levels. It is all very confusing.

I am using this year to better myself, re-doing GCSE/IGCSE and A-level before hopefully getting into university in September 2014, or maybe early 2015. If I don't get in this time I will try to improve again for September 2015, early 2016.

Good luck with your IGCSE Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KH94)
    From home. Some qualification do have a new one every year, for example AQA A-levels. It is all very confusing.

I am using this year to better myself, re-doing GCSE/IGCSE and A-level before hopefully getting into university in September 2014, or maybe early 2015. If I don't get in this time I will try to improve again for September 2015, early 2016.

Good luck with your IGCSE Chemistry.
    It really is confusing =_= I wish our teachers would actually explain these things to us! Sometimes I honestly think it is best to study from home!

Which GCSE/IGCSE's are you taking all? I'm taking English, Maths, All 3 sciences, information technology, history, geography and sociology.

Thanks, I wish you all the best with your IGCSE's and A-levels too!

ReputationRep:
    It really is confusing =_= I wish our teachers would actually explain these things to us! Sometimes I honestly think it is best to study from home!

Which GCSE/IGCSE's are you taking all? I'm taking English, Maths, All 3 sciences, information technology, history, geography and sociology.

Thanks, I wish you all the best with your IGCSE's and A-levels too!
    Teachers really should explain things more. Home study has many advantages.

I am doing GCSE Statistics, IGCSE English Literature and IGCSE Chemistry.
    A-levels in English Language (AQA) and History (Edexcel)
    AS levels in English Literature (AQA), Humanities (OCR), Economics (Edexcel) and Statistics (AQA),

I already have GCSE English, Maths and Geography in addition to BTECs in Science, ICT and Retail. Most recently I competed BTEC Level 3 Travel & Tourism.

Good luck with your GCSEs and IGCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Home schooling definitely has its advantages I know this since for my IT exam I did a whole lot of revising at home instead of learning in school. Lots of things were missed out by the teacher and my dad had to really help me out for my exam. Luckily I passed with three A's in the exam!

Anyways, you're also taking a lot of IGCSE's and A-levels! Travel and tourism sounds interesting! Our school didn't offer it though. I wanted to ask which exam board do you follow for IGCSE Chemistry? I'm doing edexcel and I heard that it as a lot easier than cambridge (which I'm thankful for since I would definitely not pass CIE chemistry).

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Home schooling definitely has its advantages I know this since for my IT exam I did a whole lot of revising at home instead of learning in school. Lots of things were missed out by the teacher and my dad had to really help me out for my exam. Luckily I passed with three A's in the exam!

Anyways, you're also taking a lot of IGCSE's and A-levels! Travel and tourism sounds interesting! Our school didn't offer it though. I wanted to ask which exam board do you follow for IGCSE Chemistry? I'm doing edexcel and I heard that it as a lot easier than cambridge (which I'm thankful for since I would definitely not pass CIE chemistry).

Good luck to you too!
    Yes, I am taking a lot of IGCSEs and A-levels. I am doing Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry, which is apparently easier than CIE.

Travel & Tourism is not a very popular subject. I found it very interesting and really enjoyed it. It is a mix of Geography, Business, Retail, Customer Service, History and of course Travel & Tourism itself, plus a bit of ICT. I gained a Distinction (Grade A equivalent). I am now looking at studying something similar at Level 5 (Foundation Degree, Diploma of Higher Education, basically 2 years at university), Travel & Tourism, Tourism Management, Tourism and Aviation, International Tourism. Alternatively I may do History, or a Combined Programme of Tourism and History! Level 5 is my cut off point!

Well done with your IGCSE. Let's hope you pass everything else with A grades!

Will let you know my results in August (Chemistry in March), and let you know what happens about university.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KH94)
    Yes, I am taking a lot of IGCSEs and A-levels. I am doing Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry, which is apparently easier than CIE.

Travel & Tourism is not a very popular subject. I found it very interesting and really enjoyed it. It is a mix of Geography, Business, Retail, Customer Service, History and of course Travel & Tourism itself, plus a bit of ICT. I gained a Distinction (Grade A equivalent). I am now looking at studying something similar at Level 5 (Foundation Degree, Diploma of Higher Education, basically 2 years at university), Travel & Tourism, Tourism Management, Tourism and Aviation, International Tourism. Alternatively I may do History, or a Combined Programme of Tourism and History! Level 5 is my cut off point!

Well done with your IGCSE. Let's hope you pass everything else with A grades!

Will let you know my results in August (Chemistry in March), and let you know what happens about university.

Thanks.
    Ah alright, thanks! I've had a look at the CIE textbook for IGCSE physics and it looks really difficult! O_O

Anyways, you really seem to enjoy Travel and Tourism! I think International Tourism is really interesting and you get to do a lot of travelling Tourism and history as a combined programme also sounds good and is definitely something I would take if I had the option (I love history ) Wow so a level 5 is like 2 years at university? That's great!

I also wish you all the best with your IGCSE's/A Level's as well as studying Tourism! I'll also let you know about my results in August! (I'm so worried!) Are you taking your Chemistry IGCSE in January then? :O Good luck!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 19, 2013

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.