Quit GTP, still want to teach! Is PGCE a possibility! Watch

Pigginspring
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, this is regarding my husband! Early this year he quite his GTP, he was having a terrible time, no support, bullying etc etc so he stepped away to protect his mental health. He still desperately wants to teach, he is thinking of applying for PGCE this year, but is concerned his previous provider will give a negative reference (she told him in so many words she would!). Does anybody have any experience of previous GTP students going on to do PGCE or is this unrealistic and should he give up now? Thanks in advance
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know someone who started Teach First, quit and then started a PGCE. Don't know about the reference - maybe something to contact the PGCE provider about?
Pigginspring
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Interrobang*)
I know someone who started Teach First, quit and then started a PGCE. Don't know about the reference - maybe something to contact the PGCE provider about?
Do you know why they quit Teach First?
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pigginspring)
Do you know why they quit Teach First?
Unsupportive school, didn't give them a chance. Not sure what was done about a reference for the PGCE tho - maybe the same referees as for TF
Pigginspring
Rep:
?
Thank you! Exactly the same as my husband! Its nice to know of somebody else in his position that has been able to progress!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.72%
The paper was reasonable (441)
45.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.12%

Watched Threads