Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between American and normal Football?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alextyler7)
    What is the difference between American and normal Football?
    For a start the balls are completely different shape

Also American Football is a lot more complicated than soccer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Could be here a long time.

On a basic level just imagine American Football as rugby with the forward pass and more relaxed tackling rules and you'll get the gist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Nombre)
    Could be here a long time.

On a basic level just imagine American Football as rugby with the forward pass and more relaxed tackling rules and you'll get the gist.
    American football tackling rules becoming ridiculous. Soon it will become flag football.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    American football tackling rules becoming ridiculous. Soon it will become flag football.
    Still head high hits and the like are still allowed in the main, provided it's not on the QB, which wouldn't be in rugby.

The rules on hitting the QB are getting ridiculous, but the NFL exists to make profit and the franchise QBs are worth too much to Goodell not to protect.

ReputationRep:
    Still head high hits and the like are still allowed in the main, provided it's not on the QB, which wouldn't be in rugby.

The rules on hitting the QB are getting ridiculous, but the NFL exists to make profit and the franchise QBs are worth too much to Goodell not to protect.
    Aye I guess its true but its just getting crazy how much harder it is for defences now without getting penalized.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Aye I guess its true but its just getting crazy how much harder it is for defences now without getting penalized.
    Yeah, though it does make it more exciting to watch. Then again maybe with the Ravens doing it last year and KC looking strong this year it can be proved you can still win it all without a top 10 QB under centre and strong defence.

ReputationRep:
    What did you make of the Ahmed Brooks on Drew Brees incident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    What did you make of the Ahmed Brooks on Drew Brees incident?
    An absolute farce of a decision.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone else watch the Iron Bowl last night?

I know the standard's not as high as the NFL but it was great drama.

ReputationRep:

There were a couple of high drama games last night. I can't believe Michigan went for 2 points and lost (yay) or the comeback by Georgia!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by WhyteBoar)
    There were a couple of high drama games last night. I can't believe Michigan went for 2 points and lost (yay) or the comeback by Georgia!
    I missed the OSU-UM game, sounded like an absolute classic though. Hopefully some of the championship games should be of similar, probably not Duke-FSU though!

ReputationRep:

Unbelievable it was. Still shocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Saw that return. Wish I watched it now. Trying to find a reply.

I want to agree with you guys about the tackling but then concussion and players committing suicide puts me in goddell's side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Unbelievable it was. Still shocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I imagine the Orange Bowl's absolutely loving life right now, looks like it might get Alabama-Oregon after year's of being the ugly sister of BCS season.

Saying the, the NC's going to be a bit duller now, can't see this OSU defense keeping FSU at bay unless Winston does get charged before then.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.