Roaccutane Watch

maximal96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I had an appointment two days ago with dermatologist and I've been told that I will be prescribed Roaccutane/Accutane (Isotretinon) to treat my acne problems, so I had to do my blood test on that day and was given another appointment next month.
Now I am a bit confused , I have to wait one month to get the drug or I was meant to get the medication the same day.

Does anybody knows how this works? Do I have to wait a month (till my next appointment) to get the drug?

(Tom)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by maximal96)
I had an appointment two days ago with dermatologist and I've been told that I will be prescribed Roaccutane/Accutane (Isotretinon) to treat my acne problems, so I had to do my blood test on that day and was given another appointment next month.
Now I am a bit confused , I have to wait one month to get the drug or I was meant to get the medication the same day.

Does anybody knows how this works? Do I have to wait a month (till my next appointment) to get the drug?

Hey, I think you do have to wait, but it's totally worth it - it really does work well
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
When I was put on roaccutane I was given the prescription and told to book a blood test after a week or two of taking the tablets. Has the dermatologist already given you the prescription? If so go and get the tablets and start taking them ASAP. The blood test next month is most likely to see whether you've had any changes in your cholestrol (amongs other things) since you started taking the tablets so if you've got the prescription then go get the pills and start taking them. Unless he didn't give you the prescription, in which case I wouldn't worry about it and you'll probably get the tablets next month. I remember there was a bit of faffing around before I was put on roaccutane.
maximal96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When I was put on roaccutane I was given the prescription and told to book a blood test after a week or two of taking the tablets. Has the dermatologist already given you the prescription? If so go and get the tablets and start taking them ASAP. The blood test next month is most likely to see whether you've had any changes in your cholestrol (amongs other things) since you started taking the tablets so if you've got the prescription then go get the pills and start taking them. Unless he didn't give you the prescription, in which case I wouldn't worry about it and you'll probably get the tablets next month. I remember there was a bit of faffing around before I was put on roaccutane.
I didn't get the prescription. So will have to wait for my next appointment.
By the way, how soon effects of the drug can be seen?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
I started seeing some effects (slight fading) about 1 month in but it will take a while for your face to really start clearing.

When you get the tablets my advice is be really strict with yourself and make sure you take them every day. As you know, roaccutane can be hard to get so make the most of it because you might not get any more once your course is finished.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (7)
17.5%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (18)
45%
Nope, not that interesting (15)
37.5%

Watched Threads