Turn on thread page Beta

Me and this guy have been speaking for 2 months just general casual conversations about how we are and what we're up to etc.. I'm 20 he's 27. I didn't expect us to be talking this long. He's suggested meeting about 3 weeks ago just said “are you going out this weekend? I'll be out Sunday if you're in town . We haven't messaged as much this week. I messaged him at the weekend. We had our casual conversations he said “I'll be in my town next week you should come down” but i said I was busy and as I didn't want to go to his town. Then he asked*
    "Have you ever been ice skating?" I said "Yeah but I always fall and asked if he'd been. He said"Na I've never been but always wanted to go. Maybe if you decide to meet up we could do that unless you're too worried you might fall and kill yourself lol"*
    I replied "Yeah we could would be fun haven't been in years. Haha I'm not too bad with the falling might be better the next time I go lol."*

After then he asked about the town I was from . I'm not sure if it's because there's loads of ice rinks around there and he wants to see which is the closest. He's comes up here a lot he didn't bring up the ice skating again and we just spoke casually about how our day was, and what we were doing. He didn't reply back to the last message me just saying what I was doing an asked if he watched this show.*
    Should I ask him out instead for the week after.*
    saying "Hey hows things? How was your weekend get up to much? I should be free next weekend if you still wanna go ice skating?" We haven't spoke as much in the past 2 weeks like during the week mainly at the weekend maybe because we already get along.
    I think he is interested but we've been speaking so long and maybe just wants to meet? And since he's suggested it.
    Or should I wait for him to suggest ice skating again? Should I assume he's interested since he's been casually asking me out? but i've been busy most the times
    What do you think does he seem interested?

ReputationRep:
    are you a boy or a girl?

(Original post by Moe Leicester)
    are you a boy or a girl?
    I'm a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a girl.
    then I cant help you

ReputationRep:
    he likes you

bump

Is he waiting for me to ask him out now?

ReputationRep:
    He probably does, I mean I try meeting up with girls only if I like them or I know them as a good friend...

Is he waiting for me to ask him out now?

bump

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that he's interested.

He's asked and so it would only be fair for you to ask. Besides, if you've declined a previous invite, he might just think that you're not interested. Just ask already

ReputationRep:
    Considering he has been trying to meet up with you, yes he likes you.

Instead of just saying you're busy, suggest a time you're free and a place (if you don't want to ice skate) and go.

I'm actually thinking ice skating could be a great way to break the ice (no pun intended :L)

It's just he didn't reply to my last message on Sunday but we talk a few more messages after. The message was just a casual message saying what I was doing and I asked if he watched I'm a celebrity. He has been online maybe he just forgot as it was just casual. Is it bad he hasn't really spoken to me a lot? or is he just confused as to if I do want to meet?
    I already said I was busy this weekend, will I wait to after this weekend to send to and say
    "Hey hows things? How was your weekend get up to much?
    Are you still up for ice skating I'm free next week if you wanna go?"

ReputationRep:
    wait how did you meet this guy? have you met him in person before?

(Original post by DeveenaS)
    wait how did you meet this guy? have you met him in person before?
    Online we've been speaking for long. Not yet the ice skating would be he first meeting. I have met other guys from it before so it's not the first time meet someone from it.

ReputationRep:
    He likes you, he just might be shy as ****.

I mean no offence to the guy, but he might either be scared because of his own confidence OR scared because you're young than him and he doesn't wanna' seem too creepy. You like him, he likes you, send a ****ing huge signal and he'll get the picture. Honestly women are better at noticing things than men are (stronger RAS systems) so give him a big sign and maybe hold his hand along the way and things will work. Chill sweetheart, it's cool.

(Original post by LeeABTV)
    He likes you, he just might be shy as ****.

I mean no offence to the guy, but he might either be scared because of his own confidence OR scared because you're young than him and he doesn't wanna' seem too creepy. You like him, he likes you, send a ****ing huge signal and he'll get the picture. Honestly women are better at noticing things than men are (stronger RAS systems) so give him a big sign and maybe hold his hand along the way and things will work. Chill sweetheart, it's cool.
    I thought me accepting the ice skating was a yes or was it not clear enough as I did say
    "Yeah we could it would be fun . I might be better the next time"
    So he's waiting on me to ask him out now?

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit offish considering you've never met him before.
    Just be assertive and ask him out to stop all the worries

ReputationRep:
    I think he's interested

At the start when we first got talking 2months ago he said he was just looking for fun and I said I was just going with the flow just getting to know someone and take it from there. I didn't expect us to be talking long for that reason. He's never brought up sex or anything. Other guys would try to get you to meet up fast or start talking sexual. He hasn't done any of that we've just been talking a lot and it's only over the past 3 weeks he's brought up the meeting thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.