TOK presentations Watch

Thoughtshimmer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am working on my TOK presentation. My topic is communism and capitalism: specifically trying to answer the question: How do we know that Capitalism is more effective and successful than Communism?
Do you think that this is a topic that is deep enough to discuss within TOK and can anyone give me some tips or things to put in the presentation. Thank-you
IBtraumatised
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would imagine so (though really the best person to answer this question would be your tok teacher), I think if I remember correctly that it helps fulfill the criteria if you can link it to a preferably recent real world event/news item so perhaps something like A g20 meeting or Twitter going on the stock market for your case. From there you can identify your main knowledge issue and then talk about more specific problems with gaining knowledge (maybe specify what tgoes of knowledge are relevant to answering your question and why they are) and possible solutions or ways around these problems.
Also you aren't (or shouldn't be) marked On your delivery so it'. Aabsolutely fine to just read from a prepared script, just try not to be reading out what you may have in your PowerPoint or whatever.
Thoughtshimmer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads