?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Situation solved
Aniaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
why can't you leave it? If you can't do the portfolilo then just let them reject you, no need to withdraw
ArsenalObsessed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aniaa)
why can't you leave it? If you can't do the portfolilo then just let them reject you, no need to withdraw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aniaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
why would it be risky?
And if you really want to do the creative writing maybe write an email to the uni and explain why you can't do the portfolio on time.
infairverona
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't just not do the portfolio, that looks quite bad seeing as you might end up with RH being your only offer (if worst comes to worst). Just withdraw from that particular course on UCAS? If you don't want to go there and do that course then you might as well.
ArsenalObsessed
Rep:
?
(Original post by infairverona)
I wouldn't just not do the portfolio, that looks quite bad seeing as you might end up with RH being your only offer (if worst comes to worst). Just withdraw from that particular course on UCAS? If you don't want to go there and do that course then you might as well.
Very good point! I think I'll do that, thanks very much

Posted from TSR Mobile
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think it would be too risky to withdraw now. I would imagine that RHUL expect applicants for creative writing to already have lots of examples of creative writing that they could submit, rather than expecting you to write something new. If you don't have many examples of creative writing to submit, then the course probably isn't for you, anyway.

However, if this course was intended as your insurance choice, then you may have a bit of a problem if you withdraw from it, and it might be better to try and submit something, just in case that gets you a place.
ArsenalObsessed
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
I don't think it would be too risky to withdraw now. I would imagine that RHUL expect applicants for creative writing to already have lots of examples of creative writing that they could submit, rather than expecting you to write something new. If you don't have many examples of creative writing to submit, then the course probably isn't for you, anyway.

However, if this course was intended as your insurance choice, then you may have a bit of a problem if you withdraw from it, and it might be better to try and submit something, just in case that gets you a place.
Well not exactly, as they've set the assignments themselves, so we'd all be sending in creative writing on the same topic.

And nope, it's an AAB course and my insurance is an ABB one (which I've already received from them) :s I would write something halfheartedly but seeing as the course is so competitive and they only admit a 30-32 student cohort, I doubt I'd get a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Assuming you don't go through with the creative writing, you might want to withdraw nice and neatly rather than simply not completing the assignment. My reasoning is that if you choose RHUL English as either firm and insurance and get, say, ABC they might look more kindly on you given that you were courteous at this stage rather than just having ignored them.

BTW, what is wrong with having two ABB offers to choose from?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (135)
24.95%
The paper was reasonable (239)
44.18%
Not feeling great about that exam (104)
19.22%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.65%

Watched Threads