what to have with fishcakes (that have potato in them) Watch

nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Yesterday I made some tuna fishcakes. It's a bit of an experiment but roughly followed the recipe for other fishcakes I've made before. Anyway, what would you recommend that I eat with them? In the portion I have, there's a bit less potato than I would have on an average meal. Plus there's sweet corn in the fishcakes too. So I'm wondering what to have with them. The only salad I have is cucumber and tomatoes. Plus with not as much carbs in them as I would normally eat, I'm wondering if I should have perhaps rice and peas with them ?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
if you get some tinned squishy tomatoes they are nice with fishcakes
TheNorthStar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nic-nac)
Yesterday I made some tuna fishcakes. It's a bit of an experiment but roughly followed the recipe for other fishcakes I've made before. Anyway, what would you recommend that I eat with them? In the portion I have, there's a bit less potato than I would have on an average meal. Plus there's sweet corn in the fishcakes too. So I'm wondering what to have with them. The only salad I have is cucumber and tomatoes. Plus with not as much carbs in them as I would normally eat, I'm wondering if I should have perhaps rice and peas with them ?
Rice and peas would go! I like sweet chilli sauce with fish cakes on a bed of spinach is nice too for next time
harreeeee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ketchup
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ketchup with a tiny bit of Tabasco in it :sogood:
nic-nac
Rep:
?
(Original post by harreeeee)
Ketchup
(Original post by SecretDuck)
ketchup with a tiny bit of Tabasco in it :sogood:
I'm after something that will actually make it into a meal though, that would actually taste nice.
SecretDuck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm after something that will actually make it into a meal though, that would actually taste nice.
I meant that you can use it as a sauce
Usually, I have egg fried rice with the fishcakes if I don't have chips with them.
nic-nac
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheNorthStar)
Rice and peas would go! I like sweet chilli sauce with fish cakes on a bed of spinach is nice too for next time
I wouldn't want that much rice though, so i'm not sure if it would be worth boiling it up.

(Original post by the bear)
if you get some tinned squishy tomatoes they are nice with fishcakes
I'm not sure about hot tomatoes and tuna :erm:
nic-nac
Rep:
?
Hhhmmm, I have burger buns. Perhaps I could use those as the extra bit of carbs to make it more fillings and use the fishcakes like burgers. Then put some cucumber and tomato on top to make it a bit healthier ??
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i'm not sure about hot tomatoes and tuna :erm:
Spoiler:
Show
yolo
SecretDuck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hhhmmm, I have burger buns. Perhaps I could use those as the extra bit of carbs to make it more fillings and use the fishcakes like burgers. Then put some cucumber and tomato on top to make it a bit healthier ??
You could try to make it like the Italian Chicken Burger in the TSR recipe wiki but replace the chicken fillet with the fish cakes. :yum:
Raiden10
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Honey.
Plainview
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Rice
breezer431
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Roasted vegetables or a salad.
Fusion
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
McCain oven chips and baked beans
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Baked beans and steamed veg.
Add!ction
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like baked beans with mine or spaghetti hoooooopy hoooooops!
Fashion Girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tuna fishcakes ? Yeah, I often have those from Tesco with my meals. I think French Fries, with cheese goes well with them actually. And also you can get one of those fish sauces that Kraft does which go just about great with any fish, really!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (136)
25.05%
The paper was reasonable (240)
44.2%
Not feeling great about that exam (104)
19.15%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.6%

Watched Threads