Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I would really like to go on a 5 day short course in anatomy as my medical school doesn't do dissection. I think it would be very interesting to do this and just brush up on my anatomy as I don't think it is as good as it could be. Our medical school doesn't seem to formally test it as thoroughly as some other med schools.

I saw this course that is being taught by Bristol, which isn't too bad as I'm in Exeter and might be able to stay in the accommodation a bit longer and attend this course by commuting in, but would prefer to attend one in London if they are available. I've searched the internet and can't seem to find one being held in London. Anyone know of any London Medical schools that do these courses for External students studying a health course?

http://www.bris.ac.uk/anatomy/vesali...s/2013/18.html

This one is £335 for 5 days which I think is pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleeggy)
    Hi all,

I would really like to go on a 5 day short course in anatomy as my medical school doesn't do dissection. I think it would be very interesting to do this and just brush up on my anatomy as I don't think it is as good as it could be. Our medical school doesn't seem to formally test it as thoroughly as some other med schools.

I saw this course that is being taught by Bristol, which isn't too bad as I'm in Exeter and might be able to stay in the accommodation a bit longer and attend this course by commuting in, but would prefer to attend one in London if they are available. I've searched the internet and can't seem to find one being held in London. Anyone know of any London Medical schools that do these courses for External students studying a health course?

http://www.bris.ac.uk/anatomy/vesali...s/2013/18.html

This one is £335 for 5 days which I think is pretty good.
    That's rather a lot of money to spend on a revision course this early into your degree....

There's the anatomy study weekend at the Royal Society of Medicine in London in January that would only cost you £45-75 - link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    That's rather a lot of money to spend on a revision course this early into your degree....

There's the anatomy study weekend at the Royal Society of Medicine in London in January that would only cost you £45-75 - link
    Thanks Becca Sarah,

That is a very helpful link. I thought it would be useful mostly because a student who I know from Peninsula who graduated last year said to me that she felt that her anatomy could be much improved in the earlier years of the degree and that later on in the course she felt that she didn't have as much time to dedicate to anatomy, which is why I am thinking about it now rather than later.

ReputationRep:

Hi again, what would you suggest would be most helpful to improve anatomy, in your experience? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleeggy)
    Hi again, what would you suggest would be most helpful to improve anatomy, in your experience? thanks.
    My anatomy knowledge is limited to a 'need to know' basis, so I'm completely the wrong person to ask, sorry! The stuff I know best is what I've seen in a clinical context though - eg seeing someone with a nerve palsy helps me remember what bits that nerve serves, rather than just rote learning the innervation of X.

ReputationRep:
    My anatomy knowledge is limited to a 'need to know' basis, so I'm completely the wrong person to ask, sorry! The stuff I know best is what I've seen in a clinical context though - eg seeing someone with a nerve palsy helps me remember what bits that nerve serves, rather than just rote learning the innervation of X.
    Thanks OK OK cool, no worries, useful to know that we don't need to know absolutely everything! x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.