Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying economics, but I want to study economics in another university...how do I go about doing this? I want to switch at the end of the 1st year, and how likely am I to be accepted into this uni? (its slightly better than the one im at now) . also, at what point should I let me current university know about this?

ReputationRep:
    Whats your A-Level grades? From which uni to which uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitrogen)
    Whats your A-Level grades? From which uni to which uni?
    aab...Bristol to ucl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotr-nerd)
    aab...Bristol to ucl
    No chance. I would never say that UCL is only slightly better than Bristol for Econ. Econ is so competitive at UCL I doubt they even accept 2nd year transfers. You don't even meet UCL's entry requirement, which is A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitrogen)
    No chance. I would never say that UCL is only slightly better than Bristol for Econ. Econ is so competitive at UCL I doubt they even accept 2nd year transfers. You don't even meet UCL's entry requirement, which is A*AA.
    ok thanks for the help. and I only said ucl is slightly better based on ucl and Bristol are ranked 5 and 6 for econ respectively (the complete university guide) and that they both ask for a*aa.

ReputationRep:
    It's not as simple as just 'switching' - you'd need to formally apply to the university. If it's something you're serious about then contact the admissions tutor for the course you want to join, and find out what the policy is. But not every university or course accepts people transferring after a course has begun.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2013

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.