Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied about 4 weeks ago for english literature and Leeds emailed me yesterday saying they'd put my application on hold for 4 weeks - does this mean I've got less chance of getting an offer? And will I find out within 4 weeks or after 4 weeks?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi - just to let you know I've put this question to the admissions tutor, and will get back to you when I've got a response.

Amanda
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi thanks for your question

Firstly, as you've been informed that your application is on hold it means that we are seriously considering your application. The problem is that we receive more applications than we have places and so can’t make a decision on every application straight away.

To deal with this we could do a number of things - we could wait until after the application deadline in January to start making offers or we could make offers on a first-come-first served basis. Both of those options would be unfair to you, the applicant. So, in looking for a fairer solution, our School of English waits until they have received a batch of applications that we are interested in and review them as a group. This allows them make a fair decision on your application.

The school of English aims to communicate their decision within 4 weeks, so will look at your application again in about 3 weeks (from the date of the letter). You don't have any less chance of receiving an offer.

I hope that helps,

Amanda

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.