east london safety? Watch

dreamer959
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just so you know, I don't mean to offend anyone with this, I'm just worried...
(Bad) luck had it that for the whole of next week I'll have to stay in Hoxton, and I'm really concerned about that. It's infamous for its gangs, violence and poverty and people say that having a nice phone and a Mac on you can only get you in trouble. Can you tell me how true this is? I know that there are bad kids and good kids in Hoxton, im the same way that there are bad kids and good kids in Chelsea, but I would really appreciate some advice on how to stay safe on your own in the dark, and preferably not get robbed/gang-raped/killed/insert another appropriate criminal offence...
I'm really out of my comfort zone and need some help here. (And regardless of how cynical I may appear, I really don't mean to generalise and discriminate against anyone.)
kdizzle97
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as you don't show your valuables off you'll be fine! It's not the nicest area but that doesn't mean you'd get killed haha
At night just be aware of your surroundings and don't go down any alleyways and maybe have your phone at the ready just incase!
dreamer959
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Have my phone at the ready? To give it to whoever likes it without getting a black eye or to call the cops while sprinting away from danger? Lol
yennibubs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's really not that bad.
Avoid alleyways and stay on main roads as much as you can. Avoid having your valuables on show all the time. Keep conscious of your surroundings but don't look like you're scared of everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by yennibubs)
It's really not that bad.
Avoid alleyways and stay on main roads as much as you can. Avoid having your valuables on show all the time. Keep conscious of your surroundings but don't look like you're scared of everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL
Panda Bear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hipster Hoxton? You'll be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (535)
26.38%
The paper was reasonable (884)
43.59%
Not feeling great about that exam (395)
19.48%
It was TERRIBLE (214)
10.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise