So what say you about biocentrism? Watch

Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So there is this chappie named Robert Lanza, MD etc. etc. who has come up with a biocentric theory that focuses on biology being the most fundamental driving forces in the universes, while other sciences are just reliant on it. A website has been made specifically for the theme, which is being offered as a new concept in science and (particularly) quantum physics. There is a lot of novelty in its approach, for it disregards time as an animal intuition and predicts multiverses (search for multiverses on wikipedia). It also considers space and time simply as constructs of the mind. Here is the main agenda it proposes (taken from the original website):
"Biocentric Take on the Cosmos:
There’s no separate physical universe outside of life and consciousness. Nothing is real that isn’t perceived. There was never a time when an external, dumb, physical universe existed, or that life sprang randomly from it at a later date. Space and time exist only as constructs of the mind. Experiments in which the observer influences the outcome are easily explainable by the interrelatedness of consciousness and the physical universe. Neither nature nor mind are unreal, both are correlative. No position is taken regarding God."

Now what do you guys think about this? It was first theorized in the article which I quote below:
http://churchandstate.org.uk/wordpre...y-Universe.pdf

I'd like to hear some views and reviews on it.
Stonebridge
Badges: 10
Report 5 years ago
You've posted this in the Study Help Forum.
I think it stands a better chance of replies, and is more at home in the Philosophy section, to where I've moved it.
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That is obviously a new definition of biocentrism. The first and original definition is biocentrism (ethics).
John Stuart Mill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sounds like george berkeley on crack.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads