Workload Watch

oneabdi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Will the workload be too much if I pick Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics. I'm now thinking to change either Further M or Physics for ICT. Which depends on if my school offers Further M or not.

Can anyone that has done these subjects or not tell me their experince with workload, and if the workload will be extreme?

If you want put your subjects and your opinion on the workload.
Sycopation
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've noticed that people doing Further Maths have a smaller workload due to Maths and Further Maths being ridiculously related to each other.
Moe Leicester
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
dont listen to the person above, they obviously havent done further maths, you need to be very good at maths and are able to understand concepts easily. The workload is crazy you wont have a life and you'll find most people in the calss will drop it
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sycopation)
I've noticed that people doing Further Maths have a smaller workload due to Maths and Further Maths being ridiculously related to each other.
Not necessarily. It depends on how your school does it.

Either they will list further maths as 'Maths/Further Maths'. This kinda implies you do ALL of A level maths equivalence in year 12 and ALL of A level Further equivalence in year 13. - Whilst this is the more sensible & rationale approach for most schools, its obviously very difficult since 6 maths exam in 1 sitting?!

Other schools will use 2 blocks for Maths. Therefore this is much easier, but its likely you will basically complete maths in year 12.

I suggest asking your school how they do their further maths classes ^^
Sycopation
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I actually am teaching myself Further Maths haha, but I understand what you mean Jkizer, our school does it in 2 different blocks, so they have 9 hours of it instead of the 4.5 hour per week that one block has.

I know that my year's further maths class has done C1/C2/D1, at a fast pace

The lack of coursework in Further Maths makes it much less time consuming.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (197)
29.94%
The paper was reasonable (268)
40.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (112)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (81)
12.31%

Watched Threads