Turn on thread page Beta

Control Panel problem - please help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

About a week ago I went to un-install a program in the control panel to find that only half my programs are there- the most recent ones I installed and a few others. For example, The Sims 3- there is only one of them there but I know the rest are installed.

Any help? I've tried doing a system restore.

ReputationRep:
    Look in C:\Program Files\ directory and see if the files are actually present on the system. I think Sims is in the EA folder?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for replying. Only 9 of the games are there, not all of them are but it is showing as all the expansion packs installed. Also, a lot of other programs aren't showing up in the control panel. Many thanks for your help! Any further ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morcion)
    Hey, thanks for replying. Only 9 of the games are there, not all of them are but it is showing as all the expansion packs installed. Also, a lot of other programs aren't showing up in the control panel. Many thanks for your help! Any further ideas?
    Isn't re-installing a solution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdampskiB)
    Isn't re-installing a solution?
    No, because they aren't showing up in the control panel...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morcion)
    No, because they aren't showing up in the control panel...
    Doesn't have to. Just pop the disc in and see if there are any conflicts with file or directory names during installation. If not, win! You've got Sims back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdampskiB)
    Doesn't have to. Just pop the disc in and see if there are any conflicts with file or directory names during installation. If not, win! You've got Sims back.
    The problem is I downloaded the games on a client called Origin, therefore I have none of the games. Also, it wasn't just about The Sims 3, there were many other programmes missing and the PC generally felt slow.

I took the brave decision to reset the PC and have got it back up and running to how I like it- took forever with all the downloads but now every programme is showing up in the control panel and the PC is faster!

I want to say many thanks for all your help though.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.