transferring from current account- ISA with different banks Watch

nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Firstly I should probably check that it will actually be worthwhile. There's a trip in my 3rd year of uni that I'm saving up for. Therefor,e would it be worth putting £1000 from my current account into my ISA ? This will gain interest over the year or two that it will be in there, plus if it's in my ISA and not in my current account, I won't be tempted to spend it. It will only be in there for 1-2 years, but £1000 should gain a fair amount of interest and like I said, I won't be tempted to spend it .... Now, what would be the easiest way of doing it? My main current (student) account is with Halifax and this is the one with the spare £1000 in it, I have another current account with nationwide and my ISA is with nationwide. Would it be easiest if I transferred the money from Halifax-nationwide online, then went into a nationwide branch to transfer the money between the two accounts, seeing as my ISA account has a book with it to log the amounts, so transfers have to be in-branch ???
balotelli12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fair amount!

LOL!

It will earn £20 a year if you are lucky. That is what £1000 at 2% will earn.

The only Nationwide ISAs paying 2% or more are a 5 year fixed and one for house buyers only.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Withdraw it from Halifax and pay it into nationwide ISA.

Carrying cash is fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (300)
31.02%
The paper was reasonable (390)
40.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
16.13%
It was TERRIBLE (121)
12.51%

Watched Threads