Bristol Offers 2014 Entry Watch

shazz_alm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello!
This is a thread for everyone who has received their offers for Bristol University (CONGRATS!) Ive received my offer for mechanical engineering so this is basically like a place where we can all talk about Bristol-related things like accommodation, which societies you are planning to join etc... (hopefully if we meet our offer) I read that they had a Harry Potter society so judging by my avatar you probably know what im going to first if I get in
And again... Congratulations and hope to see you all next year!
Reiss64
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I made the same thread like a month ago and it was deleted for some reason :confused: Ah well- here's to the new thread!! Yeah, I got an offer for Psychology :yep:
sn8595
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys! Congratulations on your offesr! I've already firmed Bristol for Neuroscience, and have created a Facebook group for firmers, so if you've firmed Bristol already, please join it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/648056311904240/

(Original post by shazz_alm)
Hello!
This is a thread for everyone who has received their offers for Bristol University (CONGRATS!) Ive received my offer for mechanical engineering so this is basically like a place where we can all talk about Bristol-related things like accommodation, which societies you are planning to join etc... (hopefully if we meet our offer) I read that they had a Harry Potter society so judging by my avatar you probably know what im going to first if I get in
And again... Congratulations and hope to see you all next year!
Yes there is an HP society and they do costume events and everything! Guess who'll be joining with you!
Arieisit
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an offer to study Physics but then I asked to switch to Mechanical engineering, so we're potential course mates

Posted from TSR Mobile
hazel.red.leaf
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The HP Society doesn't seem to exist anymore :'( Anyway, I'm a fresher now, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. (Also, hi, Bristol Firmers 2014/15 admin )
Srowland2013
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Got an unconditional offer for Management, so I'll be there for sure in Septmeber! Very excited for Bristol, I've heard alot of good things!
sn8595
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hazel.red.leaf)
The HP Society doesn't seem to exist anymore :'( Anyway, I'm a fresher now, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. (Also, hi, Bristol Firmers 2014/15 admin )
Dude what are you doing here? get off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hazel.red.leaf
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sn8595)
Dude what are you doing here? get off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hell NO!
Rafal R.H.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hiii....
I am a doctor from Iraq.I got an offer for MSc Transfusion & Transplantation.Does anyone have an experience with this program as I have heard that it is a hard one.

Thanks in Advance
Rafal R.H.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
HI...
I am Rafal ,a doctor from Iraq.I got an offer for MSc Transfusion & Transplantation from the University of Bristol but I have heard that it is a difficult program ...Is there anyone who has previous or current experience with the program??

Thanks in Advance
Traceee9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reiss64)
Hi! I made the same thread like a month ago and it was deleted for some reason :confused: Ah well- here's to the new thread!! Yeah, I got an offer for Psychology :yep:
Heyy, I also got an offer to study psychology
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I received a conditional offer of A*AA or A*A+Welsh Baccalaureate for Aerospace Engineering, i am very excited and relieved at the same time.
Reiss64
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Traceee9)
Heyy, I also got an offer to study psychology
Yay! Congratulations! Where else are you applying / have offers from?
charlieblairxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have an offer for psychology too! Can't wait. It's definitely my top choice!
emily_moon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone! Congratulations on your offers! I've also received an offer to study Biology Going to put it as my firm choice~ and I'm a huge fan Harry Potter tooooo!XD Hope to see you guys in the near future)
Reiss64
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone looked at accommodation yet?? I'm thinking maybe CHH, or Wills, or HB, or even Churchill maybe! GAH! I can't decide! :lol:
sn8595
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone looked at accommodation yet?? I'm thinking maybe CHH, or Wills, or HB, or even Churchill maybe! GAH! I can't decide! :lol:
I'm probably going for Hawthorns and Woodland Court since they're the closest to the precinct (extra five minutes' lie-in) :P

But the last time I applied, they didn't even take the choices or the priorities into consideration. Admittedly, both my choices were oversubscribed, but I got placed in a non-ensuite accommodation (when I specidically mentioned I wanted an ensuite) and it was literally the farthest from the precinct (when my priority was close proximity to the precinct). Still don't know what to make of that. :-/
Reiss64
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sn8595)
I'm probably going for Hawthorns and Woodland Court since they're the closest to the precinct (extra five minutes' lie-in) :P

But the last time I applied, they didn't even take the choices or the priorities into consideration. Admittedly, both my choices were oversubscribed, but I got placed in a non-ensuite accommodation (when I specidically mentioned I wanted an ensuite) and it was literally the farthest from the precinct (when my priority was close proximity to the precinct). Still don't know what to make of that. :-/
Yeah, I've heard the accommodation system is a bit dodgy, silly Bristol :rolleyes:
sn8595
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, I've heard the accommodation system is a bit dodgy, silly Bristol :rolleyes:
I think it is mostly because they include Unite accommodation, which is expensive. That makes the cheaper, nicer halls oversubscribed and you can imagine how the rest goes. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stephgc96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've go an offer to study psychology too! Loved Bristol so much, so determined to get the grades!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • University of Bristol
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Bristol
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.93%
The paper was reasonable (490)
39.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (216)
17.31%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.5%

Watched Threads