The John Lewis thread. Watch

Hyde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Since there's already a Waitrose thread but no thread for John Lewis - I figured I'd make one since employment at John Lewis can be a tad different than its counterpart.

I currently work there so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

The interview process:
If your application appeals to the recruitment team, they usually contact you bavk within 1 week of the closing date for the vacancy. You then get invited to the group interview where you introduce yourself, and answer a few questions regarding you and your suitability to work at John Lewis. After that, they have a short presentation and then you undertake a task where you have to sell a product of your choice to the rest of your group. In the next task you're given a list of personalities and you have to rank them in which order you think is the most relevant - explaining your decision. After the group interview, you fill in a form with all your available dates and preferred working hours and get a phone call within 1-2 weeks offering you the job or giving a further one-to-one interview.

More things to be added soon...
fairydust sprinkle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey I have an assesment day next Friday for nursery advisor says from 9am to 3pm does it take that long ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
fairydust sprinkle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And doesn't the one on one interview happen the same day ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
fran245
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heya,

I was put on hold after being successful at my group assessment and I have recently received an email which suggests that I have been offered a job... however, I was asked to apply as if I hadn't passed previously and I got an email to say that I had failed... This job has not been made public and I don't see how I could have failed the judgement tests if I was lead to believe I was being offered this position?

Can someone please offer me some advice?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.75%
The paper was reasonable (440)
45.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.03%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed