Will I get an easy test route if I sit my test in my own car? Watch

FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
....well my mums car

Obviously with the no dual pedals, will the instructor give me an easy teat route because he isn't able to intervene?

I won't be taking my test till next year. I've already done 32 hours and I won't be doing anymore till next year..

I find it easy to drive in both instructor and mums car!
Emma-Ashley
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
....well my mums car

Obviously with the no dual pedals, will the instructor give me an easy teat route because he isn't able to intervene?

I won't be taking my test till next year. I've already done 32 hours and I won't be doing anymore till next year..

I find it easy to drive in both instructor and mums car!
No
Hudl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol, I didnt even think that was possible, to do your test in your parents cars. I thought a special insurance was needed in order for you to be able to use the car.
FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Emma-Ashley)
No
Ok :/
(Original post by AhmedDavid)
Lol, I didnt even think that was possible, to do your test in your parents cars. I thought a special insurance was needed in order for you to be able to use the car.
Yep you can!
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AhmedDavid)
You can sit your test in your own car as long as you're insured on that car.
Cake Faced Kid.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chances are it won't make any difference. I think from an examiners point of view, they feel that they shouldn't have to intervene with the pedals seeing as your instructor and hopefully you feel confident enough to drive on your own. On my driving test, the examiner didn't have his feet anywhere near the pedals, so probably couldn't have reacted in time even if he'd needed to.
SillyEddy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was fairly sure the route was randomly selected before the test (maybe even at the start of the day). I don't remember them asking me what car I was even driving before we stepped outside either.

Besides, you should be in a position to drive independently, so that's what you're there to do. You're just a piece of paper away from being able to drive just about any car by yourself, so dual controls should not really be needed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.17%
The paper was reasonable (395)
42.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.16%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.15%

Watched Threads