Chance of getting into a Top Uni? Watch

StarkRob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to apply for Pharmacy at a Top Uni like UCL or another Top 15 uni. My GCSE's were 2A* 4A 2B 1C. A-levels were ABB in chemistry, biology and english.

Do I stand a chance with these grades?

Im on a gap year atm.
nguyenj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's hard to say... I mean, different universities have different grade requirements that they want you to have when starting the course.

Have you looked at all the universities and their courses? Some are different to others and you may find yourself more towards a course which turns out to be a university which isn't considered a "top" university.

At the end of the day, don't go for a university just because of its reputation. Actually visit there on open days and research about them before making your decision. For example, I was about to do English at Uni of Birmingham (a top uni) but then I realised that their course consisted mainly of Shakespeare and Medieval Literature - two areas which I'm not really fond of at all!

I'd advise you to check out the University Complete Guide list to see the top 100 ranked universities for Pharmacy. Remember that it's going to be different for everyone on the course, never mind about the grades each person got at A level. It's not just the grades but the way you approach a situation, your work ethic and so on.

As for you standing a chance with these grades, I'm pretty sure you have a chance. Your grades don't define you altogether, it's other things too so make sure you have a good personal statement, volunteering and etc.

Good luck and take care
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You have a chance of 11.710%.
StarkRob
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads