The Student Room Group

I've joined my LGBT society, but I feel as if I still don't fit in with being gay

as much fun it is going to gay bars and meeting other people who are interested in guys, I still feel a bit out of place in my lgbt society.

the people in the society were pretty cool but they were tight knit already and knew each other well so I felt a bit out of place. also there wasn't anyone that I am interested in, which leads me to think that it's tough meeting people I am interested in

I would say that i'm not stereotypical and i'm not particularly interested in the gay scene since I feel like I don't relate much to it. but then again i'm against the idea of stereotypes and grouping people together haha

there was an idea on the relationship forum before about creating a secret group on facebook with gay/closeted people who feel out of place which i'm certainly not opposed to but the plan didn't really go ahead :/

sorry, just felt like ranting a little. feel free to join in if you feel the same way :tongue:
Reply 1
I joined LGBT soc mainly to get some gay friends and not to hook-up. Immediately I felt out of place but I managed to get along with a few guys. Later we all went on a scene crawl around the town and I was having fun until the guys I got on with previously, continuously tried getting it on with me. I wasn't attracted to them at all and after pushing them away for like the 5th time I ended up just leaving, I now feel extremely awkward about returning to any other meet-ups as I went there casually wanting to make new friends only to attract people that clearly don't.
Reply 2
Original post by JAJC
I joined LGBT soc mainly to get some gay friends and not to hook-up. Immediately I felt out of place but I managed to get along with a few guys. Later we all went on a scene crawl around the town and I was having fun until the guys I got on with previously, continuously tried getting it on with me. I wasn't attracted to them at all and after pushing them away for like the 5th time I ended up just leaving, I now feel extremely awkward about returning to any other meet-ups as I went there casually wanting to make new friends only to attract people that clearly don't.

that sounds lame, I mean fair enough if they get attracted to you over time but on the first night sounds like they want a hook up or something

pfft, guys are just too horny haha. will you still go to gay bars/venues in your area?
Reply 3
Original post by TheJay92
that sounds lame, I mean fair enough if they get attracted to you over time but on the first night sounds like they want a hook up or something

pfft, guys are just too horny haha. will you still go to gay bars/venues in your area?

That's the thing, I went there hoping to make mates to hopefully go to some of the clubs and stuff as I really doubt my other friends want to go to a gay bar...
Reply 4
Original post by JAJC
That's the thing, I went there hoping to make mates to hopefully go to some of the clubs and stuff as I really doubt my other friends want to go to a gay bar...

yeah none of my friends want to go to a bay bar either. actually one of my girl friends do but I don't think it'll be like what she thinks it will be. plus the gay scene around where I go uni is a bit dead
You know you don't have to live up to any stereotypes, right? You're gay and you're you. No stereotype, just you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
You know you don't have to live up to any stereotypes, right? You're gay and you're you. No stereotype, just you :smile:

imma do me, for sure :tongue: I hate the idea of stereotypes so I completely agree with that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending