Getting my mum to be more supportive Watch

JNDSAN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I returned from a good long gym sesh yesterday and when I looked at the mirror at home I thought my arms were looking much bigger than my last gym sesh a few days ago. I went to my mum and rolled up my sleeves and asked if she agreed and she just went 'I guess' then got back to making my diner (which was worryingly high in carbs...).

So how can I get my mum to care more about my fitness results and regime?
Thanks in advance
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your mum is too busy caring about my fitness.

I do a few sets of curls and give her the scooby snack... Nomsayin :awesome:

Bicep curls while she jerks my barbell... Nomsayin :awesome:

Give her a couple of mouthfuls of my protein shake... Nomsayin :awesome:
Ripper-Roo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe she doesn't care? You can't force someone to be interested?
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you old enough to be going to the gym on your own?
insanitysummer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just try and explain to her that it's important to you and maybe say to her to try different things for dinner, like give her suggestions and maybe even cook the meals with her a few times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingGym
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lolgud1
cos71292
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
haha mate take no notice of it i have to make my own food if i want to keep a good died for the gym as she cooks a lot of carbs etc but as for your arms looking bigger mine just laughs at me and tells me hers are bigger
JNDSAN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just feel as my mother she say nicer things to me about all the progress I've been making. I'm quite a tender age at eight teen and I think some compliments would not go amiss but I feel kind of awkward about asking her to say nice things to me more often...

And she continuously makes me these diners that are no where near what I think would be beneficial for a workout diet. So much salt.

Thanks for your replies though.
cos71292
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
eat a lot of tuna with salad and a lot of fruit and you will be fine.. also remember to eat something every 3 hours dont drink fizy stuff and stop eating crap and drink a lot of water tadah good luck with your work out mate.
CRW1996
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JNDSAN)
I returned from a good long gym sesh yesterday and when I looked at the mirror at home I thought my arms were looking much bigger than my last gym sesh a few days ago. I went to my mum and rolled up my sleeves and asked if she agreed and she just went 'I guess' then got back to making my diner (which was worryingly high in carbs...).

So how can I get my mum to care more about my fitness results and regime?
Thanks in advance
No offense but there is no way your arms are going to be visibly different after one gym session. If you're that worried about your mums meals then cook for yourself. To be honest at your level (you sound like a beginner) all you need to be doing is making sure you 500 calories more than your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and 1g of protein pure pound of body weight each day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (163)
22.3%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.49%

Watched Threads