Gamsat woes :( Watch

Flex123
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
As a graduate medicine applicant this year was my second attempt at taking the dreaded Gamsat. I achieved a score of 56, 58, 44 last year with no prep and a score of 53, 68, 48 this september with a level guides.

Do any successful gamsat applicants have advice on how to prepare for section 3, how they tackled the exam and any other advice.

Need some motivation. Thank you!
Killuminati1989
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found section 3 to be predominantly Organic chemistry and this year there was a lot on isomerism, chirality. Also a lot more physical chem than last year like pKa, pH and acidity.

I would suggest getting your hands on Griffith Gamsat Guide and a specific book on organic chem and physical chem
SomeStudent
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
How much did you prepare for this years GAMSAT?

I think planning, good preparation materials and going through lot of practice papers are quite important in ensuring you get the grades required. So try to get that right next time. I'd recommend Griffith Gamsat Guide too =)
Flex123
I think my revision wasn't structured enough. Do you recommend any good textbooks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
M150
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The GAMSAT review recommends some good ones (or at least I really liked them) but I think a lot might depend on your current background, for example, if you have an a level or degree in the subject already. I used the letts as/a2 guides but I had a good look in my local library (I was broke at the time and couldn't afford to buy my own but I picked them up second hand on eBay a bit later).

Posted from TSR Mobile
lemazinator
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey guys, just to try save you a lot of money, some advice.
for the science section, watching khan videos on youtube and the practise paper they give you is enough, his videos explain anything you need really well.
for section 1 there are loads of free questions online.
for section 2 i just practised about 20 essays with my english lit student friend marking a few of them.
Don't let the panic of the gamsat make you spend loads of money.
Flex123
Thank you for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
21.41%
The paper was reasonable (145)
44.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
17.74%
It was TERRIBLE (54)
16.51%

Watched Threads