?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I got all five offers from Universities :
Exeter A*AB
Leicester AAB
Kent AAB
SUrrey AAB
Liverpool ABB

I have also applied to HKU, CUHK, City U(but haven't recieve any offers yet and I don't think HKU will give me offer)
I am also considering to apply to Universities in Australia e.g. Sydney. Queensland, Monash, and ANU.

My subjects are Chinese, Economics and Politics (predicted grades: A*AB), achieved grades in AS is ABB with Sociology and History (BD)

I am studying in UK now but I am from Hong Kong, I don't really mind which legal system do I study.

I am struggling with my choice of firm and insurance. I am afraid if my choice are too risky, I might not achieve my grades and fall into clearing.

Which school is actually the best law school? Do anyone have any comment for choosing schools? I concern most on the reputation, employability, fees(tuition and living expenses), entry requirements...everything you can say will help

Thanks very much
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jomi13123)
I got all five offers from Universities :
Exeter A*AB
Leicester AAB
Kent AAB
SUrrey AAB
Liverpool ABB

I have also applied to HKU, CUHK, City U(but haven't recieve any offers yet and I don't think HKU will give me offer)
I am also considering to apply to Universities in Australia e.g. Sydney. Queensland, Monash, and ANU.

My subjects are Chinese, Economics and Politics (predicted grades: ABB), achieved grades in AS is ABB with Sociology and History (BD)

I am studying in UK now but I am from Hong Kong, I don't really mind which legal system do I study.

I am struggling with my choice of firm and insurance. I am afraid if my choice are too risky, I might not achieve my grades and fall into clearing.

Which school is actually the best law school? Do anyone have any comment for choosing schools? I concern most on the reputation, employability, fees(tuition and living expenses), entry requirements...everything you can say will help

Thanks very much
It depends what you mean by "best".

The strongest law faculty with the best research outputs is Kent. For a career in the UK, Exeter has probably the best reputation with employers. Exeter and Liverpool are members of the Russell Group which is increasingly being seen as comprising the leading universities but actually Liverpool is probably a weaker law school than all except Surrey. Surrey offers a four year course with a work placement. It has very high employability for its graduates.
jomi13123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you
I think most important to me is the reputation and employability as a foreigner.
I just can't decide to put which of the universities in my two choices. I think Exeter would be my firm but what should I do with my insurance? Would it be too risky to put Kent? But I am hesitating to put Liverpool as I heard rumours about their accommodation facilities aren't really nice.

(Original post by nulli tertius)
It depends what you mean by "best".

The strongest law faculty with the best research outputs is Kent. For a career in the UK, Exeter has probably the best reputation with employers. Exeter and Liverpool are members of the Russell Group which is increasingly being seen as comprising the leading universities but actually Liverpool is probably a weaker law school than all except Surrey. Surrey offers a four year course with a work placement. It has very high employability for its graduates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.72%
The paper was reasonable (441)
45.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.12%

Watched Threads