Driving test costs £62.00, charged £95.00 on card, cancel it refund only £62.00 Watch

Equal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
da***?

How do I get my £33.00 back, payed via debit card btw, also sent and e-mail to the website which was : https://www.gov.uk/book-practical-driving-test
BurstingBubbles
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's £62 on a weekday and £75 on a weekend. That's the only way I can see why you may have been charged more? Unless you booked a theory test too by accident, which costs 30 something.

Definitely email, phone, write to them etc. Don't let them rob you! Good luck
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Equal)
da***?

How do I get my £33.00 back, payed via debit card btw, also sent and e-mail to the website which was : https://www.gov.uk/book-practical-driving-test
Id definitely phone them up and speak to someone in person to sort it out.
Advisor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You've been scammed by one of those "copycat" websites. They are actually privately owned, are nothing at all to do with gov.uk, but are made up to look all official. They pay google to appear top of the listings and will charge you a fee (usually around £30) on top of the £62 test fee just for the privilege of booking the test for you.

When you cancelled via the official website, the DSA refunded you the actual £62 cost of the test.

To reclaim the remaining "booking fee", you should approach the owners of the original scam website where you booked originally. Check your browser history. Good luck with that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (5)
26.32%
The paper was reasonable (8)
42.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (3)
15.79%
It was TERRIBLE (3)
15.79%

Watched Threads