Does anyone here get annoyed when you open the door for people& they don't say thanks Watch

Bridgeta222
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone here get annoyed when you open the door for people and they don't say thanks?

Some people just barge through without acknowledging me at all, I'm not a paid door-opener.
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't get annoyed, but I carry a few spare knives which I plunge into their backs if they say nothing.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't say I get annoyed, but I find it a bit odd if they don't even acknowledge it. All it takes is a smile or a nod.
askew116
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That doesn't bother me, what does bother me is NOT holding the door open, or not checking to see if anyone's right behind them.

:fuhrer:

That said, does anyone else panic when you check to see if someone's behind you, and there's someone at that crucial point where they seem too close to not hold it open, but too far to just stand there.

I never know what to do, so usually just freeze by which time they're close enough, and they say, 'you didn't have to do that'.

contradicta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not really at my school the doors never stay open so it's just expected that if someone is near you'll hold it open so we don't thank each other all that much.

But if it was a one on one situation like of they were carrying something and I specifically opened it just for them I would be a bit annoyed.
FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A bit cold from them yes.
Kircheis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really feel bad for doing it but I just can't make eye contact with or speak to strangers sorry.
Suzanne123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kircheis)
I really feel bad for doing it but I just can't make eye contact with or speak to strangers sorry.
Do you mind me asking; why's that?
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah it can be annoying when people don't even acknowledge some rude & some shy. It's also quite annoying when someone opens the door for you when you're obviously too far away, awkward :erm:
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I get slightly pissed, but, you know, first world problems and all.
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to be like this.
I'm better now, though. I always say please and thank you. You've just got to really force yourself to do it
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
No, don't expect something back
littlesmurfette
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had severve anxiety and even I would walk past people and say thank you. It doesn't require eye contact or in depth conversation.

Sorry...but I think its just plain rude if people don't even acknowledge me.
bluebubblegum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
YES
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its not my biggest annoyance but it is very rude not to say thanks or at least smile at the person holding the door open for you.
Truefaith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its a bit annoying because i dont have to hold the door. Or if a whole herd of people go through and no one says thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dopamine Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah.

Not enough to make a thread on an online forum for students about it though.
dj_macky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's so rude when people don't acknowledge you holding the door for them!
CryptoidAlien
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not always. Depends.
LeeABTV
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's rude of them, but I don't let small stuff bug me.

1, because of Karma and 2, because if I did, the day that something big actually did happen would **** me right up. Be the James Bond, the calm within the storm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads