will student finAnce pay into a prepaid account? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Voddy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,

Ok, I have applied for student finance and was told I need a bank account in my name. Due to my foolishness, I am unable to open a basic bank account (co-op,Barclays,Natwest) have refused me. I owe £2000 to Barclays and I'm guessing this has impacted my credit score.

I have applied for a pre paid cash plus card account, my question is will student finAnce pay into a prepaid account?

I'm basically screwed and trying hard not to cry if student finance can't pay me.....
balotelli12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is the card acct a bank acct?
If not they won't pay into it.
Voddy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The card is a bank account albeit just not a high street bank or building society.
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even if you are in debt, you still may be able to open a bank account, just a heavily restricted one - do a search on google for bank accounts for bankrupt people. You need to have a bank account which accepts automated credit to be paid by student finance - if the only way you can take money out of your account is through a cash machine / via your debit card for the account (as opposed to online bank transfer for instance), I would suspect it is not an account which accepts automated credit. Confirm with your bank to be certain though.
jenifergilmore
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can I ask, how did this to for you? I am in the same situation or similar anyway. I was with RBS for 3 years, never overdrawn or got any bank charges but then they suddenly decided to close my account with no reason. All the other basic accounts are turning me down. I need to know if student finance will pay in to a cash plus account
Voddy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yes, student finance will pay into a prepaid account.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (525)
46.92%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (347)
31.01%
I don't have an opinion (247)
22.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed