I.C.T. GCSE (OCR) - Not ICT OCR Nationals Watch

Akh_Moh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just need some help.Pretty disheartened at the moment, we recently just finished the first of the two controlled assessments for the GCSE and the controlled assessments equate to 60% of our overall grade. I worked through it with confidence but got a grade 'F' after moderation - note that this was the highest grade achieved out of 31 students. Now, my teacher doesn't help us at all with regards to improving and now we've got the second one to start. I have no clue if I am going to get a 'C' grade in the end and to be honest I am pretty good at all other subjects, i.t. is the only one where i'm doing badly. Someone enlighten me please?
Firestartc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Akh_Moh)
Just need some help.Pretty disheartened at the moment, we recently just finished the first of the two controlled assessments for the GCSE and the controlled assessments equate to 60% of our overall grade. I worked through it with confidence but got a grade 'F' after moderation - note that this was the highest grade achieved out of 31 students. Now, my teacher doesn't help us at all with regards to improving and now we've got the second one to start. I have no clue if I am going to get a 'C' grade in the end and to be honest I am pretty good at all other subjects, i.t. is the only one where i'm doing badly. Someone enlighten me please?
To improve, I would recommend you to just revise the book thoroughly, get a tutor maybe and complete past papers.
Also you should file a complaint about the teacher and hopefully he'll change.

Take care.
Akh_Moh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Firestartc)
To improve, I would recommend you to just revise the book thoroughly, get a tutor maybe and complete past papers.
Also you should file a complaint about the teacher and hopefully he'll change.

Take care.
Aha, I'm starting to revise now and look at websites regarding the controlled assessments, but we complained about the teacher and we (the whole class) got a lecture about why we failed & plus the fact that i.t. gcse no longer exists after june 2014 -,-
Firestartc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Akh_Moh)
Aha, I'm starting to revise now and look at websites regarding the controlled assessments, but we complained about the teacher and we (the whole class) got a lecture about why we failed & plus the fact that i.t. gcse no longer exists after june 2014 -,-
I think a private tutor is the best option as they can may help you with the CA.
Akh_Moh
Rep:
?
(Original post by majmuh24)
I do GCSE IT as well, you doing the Community Spirit project?
Nahh,, I done the b064 which is a theme park solution and now we have to do some mobile catering service thing :/
+ What did you get in your controlled assessment?
Akh_Moh
Rep:
?
Havent got it marked yet, but think I'm on track for a B so far, maybe an A if I'm lucky but seems unlikely as its marked by teacher and she doesn't like me

Posted from TSR Mobile
WOAH! Gimme some tips on how you're doing so good in ict??!?! I mean I got the highest in my year which is an 'F', but we're getting the chance to resit..
Akh_Moh
Rep:
?
I don't know if it's the same for you, but the exam is pretty easy for me so I'll just skip over it, it's just about the real world applications of ICT so not really that complicated.

The coursework is where the big marks are, with all the Activity Reviews making up most of your marks so spend a lot of time on them and throw in a lot of technical features and words

If you need any other tips, just reply to me
LOL guess our courses are different - I have no activity reviews lmao so im screwed
Akh_Moh
Rep:
?
I do Edexcel, so I'm not surprised, what are you having trouble on?
Exams are hard, c.a's are hard - We're the first year after 7 years to do this ocr ict gcse and it's getting dropped next year so, I just got screwed for one gcse -.- dw tho good luck for your gcse i.t.
Lotttiie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
when did you get the results back for your first controlled assessment (how long after you sent it to be moderated)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed