Does anyone have any ideas on how to answer these questions or any one of them?
1) A school office has a small network of desktop computers linked to a printer. Explain why the school has linked the computers by cables.
2) A mining engineer is using a hand held device to scan materials extracted from a dig site. She also needs to transmit the data to the laboratory that is up to 200m away. Explain why the system would communicate using radio waves.
3) An international bank needs to communicate with its branches in different countries. What advantages would the bank find in using fibre optic cables, rather than twisted pair cables or wireless transmission.
Turn on thread page Beta
ICT questions on computer networks, need help. watch
- Thread Starter
- 20-11-2013 19:19
- 20-11-2013 19:49
1. Here, you should mention some of the disadvantages of wifi, and say how the computers don't need to move around.
2. The device would need to move around which is a big factor. Also refer to the range of radio waves as well.
3. Talk about the signal getting degraded if the other methods are used, and refer to the capacity of each type of communication.