Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been thinking recently about doing my postgraduate degree abroad and considering Australia as an option. I'm currently only a first year undergrad student so quite a while yet, but I was wondering what it might be like for other British students studying abroad in Australia..? Is it worth the investment?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you're here for the lifestyle, yes. British universities are much more renowned in the world than Australian universities (not to say the students here aren't smart though).

What field were you looking at studying in Aus?

I live in Aus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnetite)
    If you're here for the lifestyle, yes. British universities are much more renowned in the world than Australian universities (not to say the students here aren't smart though).

What field were you looking at studying in Aus?

I live in Aus.
    Thanks for your reply...where abouts in Aus if you don't mind me asking? yeah I think the main reason I'm considering it is for a change of scenery and the general experience, but I'm unsure career-wise how it may affect me. I've read that studying abroad can look impressive on the CV

I'm doing a law degree atm but not 100% sure what I want to pursue afterwards. I'm only thinking of doing a postgrad abroad if I don't pursue a career as a lawyer though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon217)
    Thanks for your reply...where abouts in Aus if you don't mind me asking? yeah I think the main reason I'm considering it is for a change of scenery and the general experience, but I'm unsure career-wise how it may affect me. I've read that studying abroad can look impressive on the CV

I'm doing a law degree atm but not 100% sure what I want to pursue afterwards. I'm only thinking of doing a postgrad abroad if I don't pursue a career as a lawyer though.
    I've lived in Sydney and Perth.

It's a great change of scenery as the weather is much better, the people friendlier, but it is quieter and things are not always done in the British fashion. If you do a post grad here, you may be able to obtain a graduate position here which would most likely pay more than the UK, but it would be competitive since the company would need to sponsor you. Again it depends on your field of study.

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.