Only guy in my flat/house next year? Watch

kyleg22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
There are 5 people in our current flat, 2 boys and 3 girls. We all get on really well and are planning to live together next year. It feels like a family really. The issue is, one of the boys is planning on commuting next year and therefore it'll be just me and 3 girls. Is this bad? They're not *****y or anything, but I don't want to be judged over being the only guy or whatever. Would you recommend me finding another house or do you think it'd be fine?

Thanks
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kyleg22)
There are 5 people in our current flat, 2 boys and 3 girls. We all get on really well and are planning to live together next year. It feels like a family really. The issue is, one of the boys is planning on commuting next year and therefore it'll be just me and 3 girls. Is this bad? They're not *****y or anything, but I don't want to be judged over being the only guy or whatever. Would you recommend me finding another house or do you think it'd be fine?

Thanks
If your happy to live with them it shouldn't be a problem. I've known plenty of situations where only one person of a gender has lived in a house/flat and its worked out fine.
Dust94
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree with the above poster, if you're happy with them then it shouldn't matter you'll be the only male.
DeveenaS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should feel lucky, being the only guy in a house can have its serious perks:

-clean place
-great girl advice
-help with laundry (be aware of this one)

The one thing I always say is "if you make it awkward it will be awkward". If the other housemates haven't said anything about it then you should be fine. Girls love having a guy around as it restores balance. There will be times when you might feel annoyed because they might "judge" you for bringing a girl back or whatever but they won't hold grudges or anything...that's what friends are for.

Just have a good time at uni and don't be afraid to act yourself. If they have a problem with something you're doing they will tell you. Until then ENJOY IT
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm the only girl in a house of guys and it's been absolutely fine tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We have 1 girl in a house with 5 guys and that's worked out fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (238)
14.84%
The paper was reasonable (895)
55.8%
Not feeling great about that exam... (352)
21.95%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
7.42%

Watched Threads