University of St. Andrews - MSc Finance: Reputation in IB Watch

PlusMinus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey there,

does anyone have some insights about the MSc Finance at St. Andrews University? I'm interested in working in IB in the future, preferably in London. How's St. Andrews University's reputation in the city? I would also appreciate any additional comments about the city, the course/education, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Mr Chang
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're paying to do a masters and you're worried about uni rep why not just play it safe and do one at a traditional target?
PlusMinus
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
B/c my GMAT isn't that good, so I'm looking for some alternatives. But thanks for your comment.
sadhukar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PlusMinus)
B/c my GMAT isn't that good, so I'm looking for some alternatives. But thanks for your comment.
tbh if you have to worry whether or not your uni is good enough, you might need to rethink your career choice...
Blue_Horseshoe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PlusMinus)
Hey there,

does anyone have some insights about the MSc Finance at St. Andrews University? I'm interested in working in IB in the future, preferably in London. How's St. Andrews University's reputation in the city? I would also appreciate any additional comments about the city, the course/education, etc.

Thanks in advance.
I know people who have studied the MSc in Finance and have gone onto FO roles at most of the BBs. Trading at GS, Research at MS, Equities at CS etc. Not exactly a true target as only Citi and BAML make the arduous journey North, but you would still be in a good position if you have suitable levels of work experience etc.
lifeisawesome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, I have to decide between st andrews and edinburgh for msc finance. Personally i am more inclined towards st andrews but concerned on job prospects as it is a relatively small uni.
(Ps- m from non finance background but have work ex in financial arm of retail company)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads