Which is the best firm/insurance choice? Watch

Abbseh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello! I've applied for physics (MPhys) this year and I've heard back from 3 of my universities. I'm starting to think of which ones I want to put as my firm and insurance and I'm having trouble deciding. I'm focusing on research, atmosphere, place itself and what people actually think of the university.
I've applied to:
St Andrews (AAA) (could be lowered between AAA-BBB for gateway course for unprivileged backgrounds)
University of Kent (ABB) offer received
Heriot-Watt (BBB)
University of Liverpool (AAB) offer received
University of Leicester (AAB) offer received

My predicted grades are AAB and I'm very interested in the space side of physics

Here is my dilemma:
If I get an offer from St Andrews I'll firm but should I pick Liverpool/Leicester as insurance or Kent/Heriot-Watt?

If I don't get an offer from St Andrews which should I firm, Liverpool or Leicester?

Which is a better university? Kent or Heriot-Watt.

I hope someone can help! I was kind of hoping the decision would be made for me, pessimistically thinking they would mainly be unsuccessful. Gaaaaahhhh
suleyman95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Firm St Andrews if you get an offer, otherwise Liverpool and insurance Kent, as long as you're confident you will get at least ABB
cathrg26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For Liverpool and leicester, go with the one you like best, have you been to the open days? Think about accommodation fees and facilities as well, no point going to a good research university if you won't enjoy it there. I don't know much about the 2 universities, but I would go to the applicant days and make my decision based on the atmosphere there and student's opinions.

I would insure Kent, unless you really hate the place. Regarding your question, Kent is a better uni than Heriot. More well known and is definitely climbing the league tables for certain degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (132)
24.86%
The paper was reasonable (234)
44.07%
Not feeling great about that exam (102)
19.21%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.86%

Watched Threads