Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Should I be concerned over a letter I received yesterday? I applied for loans and grant before the May deadline as a UK citizen, giving as my residence the address in an EU member state at which I have lived since 2002. Once I got my NI nbr and bank account sorted and updated I received the first of three notification of entitlement letters confirming the loans but nothing for the grant despite my parents sending in evidence, translations and letters and phoning in over the months. To my relief the first payments were made for the 13th Nov as per the 'Your Payments' page and confirmed by the uni. Yesterday morning I received a letter from SFE advising me that I am not eligible for finance for 2013/14 as 'you have not satisfied the relevant three year residence period in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course'. I lived at the same address in the EEA for 11 years before moving to uni in September!! I am hoping that this is a clerical error and that I don't need to worry about this too as I'm still worrying about the maintenance grant. Reasurrance/ clarification please?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

So we can access your records and review your current assessment status, please call us on 0845 300 5090 as soon as possible.

Thanks

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.