The Student Room Group

History mock confusion

So for History we were given the mock exam paper from June 2012 (Unit 2: Schools History Project Depth Study Option 2B: The American West, c1840-c1895. I got 38/50 and was told by my teacher that this was a C. However I talked to someone else in my class and he got 37 and was told he got a B. To make things even more confusing the online mark scheme says 37 is an A*. Help?! Am I doing something stupid or has our teacher made a mistake? I don't really want to speak to her about it because I don't want to make me or her look stupid or make it look like I'm trying to make her look stupid.
Reply 1
I would trust the online mark scheme more, as it's obviously from the exam board, and teachers are just human, so it's understandable for them to make a mistake (however, I would imagine you would need more than 37/50 to get an A* :curious:).

To be honest though, I'd ask your teacher. It's their job, and I'm sure that she won't rub it in if she's right, or get offended if you're right, haha. :^_^:
Reply 2
Normally for history 60% is a C, so that's 30. I would say that your mark leans more to the B grade of things. (Going along the lines that 70% - 35 - is a B)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this for GCSE?, general consenus is 60%= C, 70%= B, 80%= A, 90%= A* (obviously changes a little in terms of the general exam trend), 37/50 i would say is a high B
Reply 4
For my 2 controlled assessments it was out of 40, 36 was A* (90%) 32 was A (80%) 28 was a B and so on...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply