Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 23rd of October, have heard nothing back yet apart from the customary acknowledgement email, and an email to say that the course has been approved (Is Biomed a brand new course? I saw that there are only 20 places and that makes it daunting.)

It's the last reply I am waiting for, so I am getting a little worried.
    Any offers for anyone?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Insa)
    I applied on the 23rd of October, have heard nothing back yet apart from the customary acknowledgement email, and an email to say that the course has been approved (Is Biomed a brand new course? I saw that there are only 20 places and that makes it daunting.)

It's the last reply I am waiting for, so I am getting a little worried.
    Any offers for anyone?
    Hi Insa,

Yes BCs Biomedical Sciences is a brand new course at the University that will run for the first time next year. The programme focuses on human health and the causes, prevention and treatment of disease whilst also provides students with the highly-valued, fundamental scientific and experimental skills that employers seek.

Try not to be daunted by the fact that there are only 20 places. If you are predicted AAB or above and have submitted a strong personal statement then you are likely to be the kind of applicant the University is looking for.

As I’m sure you know, the deadline is not until the 15th of January so the fact that you submitted so early reflects well on you but it may require more patience before hearing back.

A decision will be made on whether to make you an offer as soon as possible and UCAS will notify you of this.

The University invites selected applicants living in the UK to come and visit the Department during one of our Department Open Days, which include a one-to-one discussion with a member of academic staff. The interview is not selective or formal, more a chance for you to have a discussion with a member of the academic staff to help resolve any questions or queries.

On a personal note, my offer from Bath was one of the last I received and I am now in my second year and loving both the maths course and the student life here.

Wishing you the best of luck with the process,
    Isabelle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University Of Bath)
    Hi Insa,

Yes BCs Biomedical Sciences is a brand new course at the University that will run for the first time next year. The programme focuses on human health and the causes, prevention and treatment of disease whilst also provides students with the highly-valued, fundamental scientific and experimental skills that employers seek.

Try not to be daunted by the fact that there are only 20 places. If you are predicted AAB or above and have submitted a strong personal statement then you are likely to be the kind of applicant the University is looking for.

As I’m sure you know, the deadline is not until the 15th of January so the fact that you submitted so early reflects well on you but it may require more patience before hearing back.

A decision will be made on whether to make you an offer as soon as possible and UCAS will notify you of this.

The University invites selected applicants living in the UK to come and visit the Department during one of our Department Open Days, which include a one-to-one discussion with a member of academic staff. The interview is not selective or formal, more a chance for you to have a discussion with a member of the academic staff to help resolve any questions or queries.

On a personal note, my offer from Bath was one of the last I received and I am now in my second year and loving both the maths course and the student life here.

Wishing you the best of luck with the process,
    Isabelle
    Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for my offer and sent the application off by the 15th of November. I had above the entry requirements so it is a bit worrying, really wanted to apply for accommodation soon as well. If it's a rejection, I'd rather know sooner than later

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 9, 2014

University open days

• University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.