could anyone help with explaining the UCAS tarriff points regarding an offer ive got Watch

waxfilledtin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
A minimum of 320 UCAS tariff points including Grades BB from at least two GCE A Levels.

I've recieved that offer from a university that I really like, and I was just wondering what grades I need for that many points. I understand it would be ABB but as it doesnt specify from 3 A levels, would ucas points from general studies and my AS grade count as well, meaning the A could be lower? i'm not quite sure on all the points things so if anyone could explain that would be great.
thanks
Energy_Purple
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're unsure of what exactly would count, just contact the university and ask for clarification on what the actual offer is. They should be able to let you know for sure, such as what combination of grades they're looking for, or what they'd accept.

At the end of the day, it's better to get clarification from the university than to go on speculation from all of us on here which could then turn out to be wrong
shingekinodying
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm guessing 2 grade Bs at Alevel then as long as you achieve 120 more tariff points from another Alevel or AS levels
ut yeah check with the institution
andr3004st
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
facebook.com/replacement.certificates - A-levels/ GCSEs/ GNVQ's/ BTEC replacements and more!
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by waxfilledtin)
A minimum of 320 UCAS tariff points including Grades BB from at least two GCE A Levels.

I've recieved that offer from a university that I really like, and I was just wondering what grades I need for that many points. I understand it would be ABB but as it doesnt specify from 3 A levels, would ucas points from general studies and my AS grade count as well, meaning the A could be lower? i'm not quite sure on all the points things so if anyone could explain that would be great.
thanks
Unless there is something specific on the university website or prospectus, or elsewhere in the offer or on the UCAS website (and many do have such exclusions), the 120 non-BB points can come from anywhere, including other A levels, AS or anything else that gives tariff points. It should be a favourable offer if you are capable of ABB and are doing an AS as the AS will act as insurance if you don't get the A level A grade.
x__justmyluck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It means you have to get BB and then 10 points from your other A level and AS and anything else which gives UCAS points, if it does not specifically say 'excluding general studies' then general studies can count towards the points you need .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (300)
30.99%
The paper was reasonable (390)
40.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
16.22%
It was TERRIBLE (121)
12.5%

Watched Threads