What should I take for A Level? Watch

EddyEagal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm new to the forum as of today

For my upcoming A Levels, I have opted to study: Media, ICT Applied, Sociology and English Language.

What is the general perception of these subjects? ICT, Eng Lang and Sociology I assume are the more academic subjects. Having said that, at times I found parts of the Media GCSE course also very academic. The amount of writing is as if the subject is a second English

For background information; I plan on maybe studying Law at university. It's a long way off yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards that path so long as my grades allow that.
glossop96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They seem reasonable. Just ensure you get good grades and you will get to that Law degree.
Cina
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Honestly, for law, apart from English language, those subjects wouldn't be seen as that academic. Most law schools look for people who've taken a combination of like English lit/history or even philosophy. I think it all depends on what unis you apply to, but certainly the better ones, particularly Russell groups won't see ICT and media as academic.

(Original post by EddyEagal)
Hi, I'm new to the forum as of today

For my upcoming A Levels, I have opted to study: Media, ICT Applied, Sociology and English Language.

What is the general perception of these subjects? ICT, Eng Lang and Sociology I assume are the more academic subjects. Having said that, at times I found parts of the Media GCSE course also very academic. The amount of writing is as if the subject is a second English

For background information; I plan on maybe studying Law at university. It's a long way off yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards that path so long as my grades allow that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EddyEagal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Surprising because ICT is actually a largely academic subject. The amount of analysing and writing is on level with other subjects that are considered as being 'hard'.
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're thinking of applying to a Russell Group university then have a look at this document: http://russellgroup.org/InformedChoices-latest.pdf

If not, then look at other university's entry requirements for Law to see what A Levels they may require.
Cina
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EddyEagal)
Surprising because ICT is actually a largely academic subject. The amount of analysing and writing is on level with other subjects that are considered as being 'hard'.
Yep, I guess English/ history are deemed as more relevant and "harder"

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads