London and/or Imperial accomodation Watch

Monotypical
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, looking at going to imperial in 2014, after the first year (when you go into private accomodation), how much do people pay per week (preferably including bills)? Would it be possible to find a room close enough to bike into campus for about ~120/week including bills?
Curtailment
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you'll have to work hard to find somewhere for 120/week but it is possible.
I'm in third year and I pay 170/week including bills and I'm close enough to walk. One of my friends pays 150/week without bills and cycles. Another managed to find a place for 105/week without bills and he takes the bus (but could cycle).
If you are willing to have a small room in a house share you can find somewhere for 120. Good areas to look at are Hammersmith/Fulham, Earls Court, and Shepard's Bush.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Monotypical
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Curtailment)
I think you'll have to work hard to find somewhere for 120/week but it is possible.
I'm in third year and I pay 170/week including bills and I'm close enough to walk. One of my friends pays 150/week without bills and cycles. Another managed to find a place for 105/week without bills and he takes the bus (but could cycle).
If you are willing to have a small room in a house share you can find somewhere for 120. Good areas to look at are Hammersmith/Fulham, Earls Court, and Shepard's Bush.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks for the response, I guess I could live within cycling distance and still be within budget, I thought London would be massively expensive, but that was mostly on what other people say
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.88%
The paper was reasonable (491)
39.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (217)
17.36%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.48%

Watched Threads