Psychology vs Business studies? Watch

H0173N
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm currently doing my GCSE's and am considering my options for A level. Im thinking of doing Economics, Politics, English Language, and then either psychology or business. I am not sure about future careers and jobs I would like to do or where these subject choices would lead me to. Can anyone give me any advice on my current A level choices and whether to then take psychology or business?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by H0173N)
Hi, I'm currently doing my GCSE's and am considering my options for A level. Im thinking of doing Economics, Politics, English Language, and then either psychology or business. I am not sure about future careers and jobs I would like to do or where these subject choices would lead me to. Can anyone give me any advice on my current A level choices and whether to then take psychology or business?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psychology is more respected than Business, and many say not to choose both Business and Economics, so I'd go for Psychology Sounds like they'd be a good combination

Posted from TSR Mobile
Abigail Tompsett
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=H0173N;45247105]Hi, I'm currently doing my GCSE's and am considering my options for A level. Im thinking of doing Economics, Politics, English Language, and then either psychology or business. I am not sure about future careers and jobs I would like to do or where these subject choices would lead me to. Can anyone give me any advice on my current A level choices and whether to then take psychology or business?

hmmm well i must say actually those choices that you have chosen fit together very well and business i think will go well and so will psychology... i take a level psychology and it is a very good subject. it looks at broadly, humans behaviours and how environmental factors and experiences etc effect that persons behaviour... broad description but i must say that i think business will fit best with the other subject that you have chosen.
you just need to think ahead what you want to do and google what those subjects that you have there can get you for the future.
they will give you a wide option window in the future if you do well in them
just google what the subjects will get you in and then chose something that you think you may enjoy.
hope this helps xx
Ben_K
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd take business studies if I were you over psychology.
Ripper-Roo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Choose something you'd enjoy more, not what random students think.
Machop
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Choose the subject that you find the most interesting and would enjoy learning about the most.
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Economics and psychology link pretty well

Your a levels seem to stick law or politics at me

Posted from TSR Mobile
glossop96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do both currently at alevel. I would say pick phychology. Gives you wider variety of subjects and career options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (200)
22.55%
The paper was reasonable (403)
45.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (165)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.42%

Watched Threads