how to keep makeup in place? Watch

deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
It just seems like whatever product i use it always wears off after a few hours...i use a primer and a setting powder as well as my foundation and concealer. Would a spray be a good idea? Or is this just something that happens to everyone?
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The spray would probably be your best bet. The ones I've heard people go on about are Urban Decay and MUA, and apparently MUA'S one is exactly the same as UD's one but a hell a lot cheaper. I haven't tried either as I don't wear full face make up so I can't really speak from personal experience. Have a look at the reviews online, people seem to live on this stuff.
FH1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by deedee123)
It just seems like whatever product i use it always wears off after a few hours...i use a primer and a setting powder as well as my foundation and concealer. Would a spray be a good idea? Or is this just something that happens to everyone?
You should try Smashbox's primers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lauramercier
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can vouch for Urban Decay's setting sprays. Go for De Slick if you have oilier skin or just use All Nighter if your skin is normal or dry. Kind of pricey, but they last for ages if you get the big bottle and I really can tell the difference when I use my All Nighter!
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lauramercier)
I can vouch for Urban Decay's setting sprays. Go for De Slick if you have oilier skin or just use All Nighter if your skin is normal or dry. Kind of pricey, but they last for ages if you get the big bottle and I really can tell the difference when I use my All Nighter!
Do you have any solutions for lipsticks coming off. I hate having to reapply every hour :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
lauramercier
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
Do you have any solutions for lipsticks coming off. I hate having to reapply every hour :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
What types of lipstick to you use? Some formulas in general last longer than others! Usually the creamier the lipstick, the less time they will last. Matte lipsticks tend to last the longest
Paktriot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What primer do you use?
jalebii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
a setting spray would be a good option...I use the ud all nighter, my makeup doesn't budge for a good 10-12 hours
username1039383
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What types of lipstick to you use? Some formulas in general last longer than others! Usually the creamier the lipstick, the less time they will last. Matte lipsticks tend to last the longest
Hmm I do use creamy lipsticks. Thanks for that!

Where can i buy good matte lipsticks?
hudsonxoxo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mac is expensive but lasts me all day, Nars is good too. I've also heard that the Mac setting sprays are good

Posted from TSR Mobile
lauramercier
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

The Rimmel Kate Moss Matte ones are good. The ones in the red tube are the matte ones and the black ones are the creamier ones.
MAC have lipsticks in loooads of different finishes and they have a lot of different matte shades.
Revlon do Super Lustrous Matte lipsticks too which are pretty affordable!
Hope this helps
HollyB_C
Badges: 2
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exfoliate lips beforehand and then apply a tiny bit of face primer on your lips.
After you've applied your lipstick, lightly sweep over some setting powder and that should do the trick
lauramercier
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Oh also! You could try Lip Lacquers like the Rimmel Apocalips, they aren't lipsticks, come in the form of a lipgloss but look more like lipsticks when on the lips and from personal experience, I can say they really do stay put!
username1039383
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Rimmel Kate Moss Matte ones are good. The ones in the red tube are the matte ones and the black ones are the creamier ones.
MAC have lipsticks in loooads of different finishes and they have a lot of different matte shades.
Revlon do Super Lustrous Matte lipsticks too which are pretty affordable!
Hope this helps

Oh also! You could try Lip Lacquers like the Rimmel Apocalips, they aren't lipsticks, come in the form of a lipgloss but look more like lipsticks when on the lips and from personal experience, I can say they really do stay put!
Thanks a ton!
lauramercier
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks a ton!
No problem!
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I use the MUA setting spray, love it. Really good for the money!
HollyB_C
Report 5 years ago
I am going to derail this topic slightly, sorry (is there a general make-up thread? if not, there should be).

I just wondered if anybody knew any really good lipstick for dry lips (preferably matte)? I've tried Mac, Lancome', and Benefit as well as most of the high-street brands :sigh:.
rachel.h
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HollyB_C)
I am going to derail this topic slightly, sorry (is there a general make-up thread? if not, there should be).

I just wondered if anybody knew any really good lipstick for dry lips (preferably matte)? I've tried Mac, Lancome', and Benefit as well as most of the high-street brands :sigh:.
I actually got this free the other day http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Moisture...stick_1273529/ and I am pretty impressed with it, the couple of times I've used it so far. I usually prefer more high end lipsticks but this feels great on and it's kind of a satin finish. I'm on Roaccutane though :sigh: so my lips aren't what they normally are.

OP - do you use longwear makeup? Maybe it's the foundation that needs a bit more staying power. Other than that, Urban Decay All-Nighter is my worth the money. I spritz it on after my foundation and concealer are done, let it dry, then dust my face with powder/ setting powder after that. Applying it over powder can make it go a little weird.
MelissaAmy
Report 5 years ago
Urban decay all nighter spray is amazing!
Qymberley
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
An old way to set makeup is to spray hairspray lightly over your face. Women use to do it all the time, but ofc, use urban decay all nighter, it's amazing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads