Turn on thread page Beta

Have you changed since going to uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How has uni changed you?
    Are you more or less confident after going to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Much, much less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Much, much less.
    Less? Sorry that's happened.

And I think it's made me more confident

ReputationRep:
    miiiiiiiiiiles more! Socially/academically/and in terms of independence etc
    I guess I've been lucky in that though, its probably not the same for everyone.

Plus actually, there's still definite room for improvement tbh...!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's made me substantially more confident - before going to uni, public speaking in front of 100 people would have been pretty terrifying, and taking control of a group of 15 younger teenagers a non-starter. Now I do both without worrying about it. I think it's also made me a bit louder - but in a way that's part of confidence.

I've also discovered some interests whilst at uni that will probably change the path of my life forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torriee009)
    How has uni changed you?
    Are you more or less confident after going to uni?
    I've become more politically aware and plan to become politically active..And around the same. I don't really like some of the people on my course.

ReputationRep:
    I've been at uni for two months now and I think I've already become more confident. Plus, I have a lot more guy friends now. I didn't really have any before, except for two, and now I've got quite a bunch! (I find that a quite interesting change I must say!)

ReputationRep:
    I only started uni in June and although I am still quite shy and introverted, I am more confident. Six months ago, there was no way I would move into a house with three strangers. It's still a bit of a challenge making friends though. That will probably change when uni goes back next year.

ReputationRep:
    University changed me so much, but not in the ways I was expecting.
    I always hated that I was the nerdy one who didn't like clubbing. I wanted to go and turn into this popular, party animal.
    That didn't happen.
    I DID however, become one badass mother****er. If I do say so myself. I still can't stand clubbing and all that, but I love that about me. My confidence is so much higher than it used to be, and I've attracted more and more friends as a result.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.