Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really lacking motivation to do work at the moment. Currently i'm doing Maths, FM, Chem, Biology and Geography, My chemistry teachers are very difficult and I'm not learning in chemistry. I'm trying to master everything there is to know by january so I can be fully prepared for the exams. Maths and further maths can be done easily, however chemistry i'm struggling with and I don't like the lessons which makes it ten times harder. Biology is fine, although there is a lot to remember and Geography is boring but I guess its okay.
    I think what I really want to ask is how people, in my position or who have been in similar situations, have dealt with this? I love the subjects alone but not the lessons in chemistry, biology and geography, which means i'm truly lacking motivation for them. I don't want to drop any, it really isn't an option for me. Five A levels may sound a lot for all you about to criticise me about it but further maths and maths merge quite well and it's like doing one subject. Even if I was just doing Bio, Chem and Geography I would struggle just as much. I need chemistry for potential future plans, so I can't drop it and to be honest I don't want to (chemistry is awesome!). I'm gutted that this has happened, I wish my lessons were better and motivating but I'm really stuck at this point. Also does anyone know any ace revision sites for chemistry (OCR A)? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You may not want to drop a subject, but you have to keep in mind that 1) they only consider 3 a levels, and 2) A*A*A* looks alot better than A*AABB, and in fact they would give preference to the A*A*A* candidate when applying to university. My best guess is that the workload will get too much for you at A2 unless you are absolutely dedicated to the subjects and literally spending most of your time reading and revising the course material. I have done Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Maths (mechanics) and when it comes to exam time that's a hell of a lot of revision. You'll have a lot of exams!
    Last year at AS I remember having 6 Science practical exams as well as 6 exam papers, and 3 maths papers.
    It might not sound much but even 15 exams was fairly hard to score well across the board, so I can only say good luck but be wary of taking 5 AS levels, I don't event think the best students that have came through my school have been allowed to do 5 in case of jeapordising the other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I also do Biology , Chemistry and Geography (AQA , OCR and OCR) and the only good website that I have been using for chemistry A is Khan Academy if it helps . I am also struggling with motivation for chemistry but what can you do . Hope that helps

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.