English literature masters Watch

honeyandlemon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I have a 2:2 from a redbrick in English Literature and a modern foreign language. Will any reputable places take a 2:2 for any sort of literary masters?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think most require a 2.1 at least, but you should trawl round all the unis in which you are interested and check.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also look out for unis which offer a PGDip. This is essentially the taught element of a taught Masters for two terms but without the dissertation of the third term. It's a lower qualification than a Masters, but it also usually accepts a 2:2 from applicants. Some permit you to complete the dissertation and graduate with a full Masters, if you get good marks on the coursework.
madamemerle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by honeyandlemon)
Hey, I have a 2:2 from a redbrick in English Literature and a modern foreign language. Will any reputable places take a 2:2 for any sort of literary masters?
I'd echo the above, but also offer a suggestion based on a completely unproven hypothesis: you could try applying somewhat late. If courses still have room in May, they might be more willing to overlook the 2:2 (anyone know if this suggestion holds water?).

What area of English are you interested in? There might be some strong courses out there in your area that are at unis that don't put quite as much emphasis on the 2:1 as most do.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by madamemerle)
I'd echo the above, but also offer a suggestion based on a completely unproven hypothesis: you could try applying somewhat late. If courses still have room in May, they might be more willing to overlook the 2:2 (anyone know if this suggestion holds water?).
Interesting approach - money talks...
evantej
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. But I could think of better ways to spend £5000.
honeyandlemon
Rep:
?
(Original post by evantej)
Yes. But I could think of better ways to spend £5000.
I have lots of money! Which places will take me?
evantej
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have lots of money! Which places will take me?
Most universities will take you even if they website suggests otherwise. Email the degree programme director, explain your situation, and cobble together a half-decent personal statement and you will be good to go.
honeyandlemon
Rep:
?
(Original post by evantej)
Most universities will take you even if they website suggests otherwise. Email the degree programme director, explain your situation, and cobble together a half-decent personal statement and you will be good to go.
Can we discuss through private messaging?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads