Where to buy one month insurance (just passed today)? Watch

Sayonara
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was wondering where I can buy insurance for one month only. I found a few sites but they required having the license for at least 6 months or at an age of 21. I am 18 years old.

Is there any website I can buy one month insurance? The reason being is that I might get a different car. I am thinking of insuring my parent's car, but I may prefer having a different car to drive.

Many thanks!
Cake Faced Kid.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might want to wait, if you're definitely getting a different car. Buying insurance for one month is, in my experience, hideously expensive (as opposed to a year's insurance /12). Also, being a named driver on your parents insurance will be cheaper than insuring a car of your own, especially if your parents are not going on your insurance. For example, my insurance is £2700 p/a with just me on the policy.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't understand why you need 1 months insurance. Surely you take out the annual policy and then update it when you change the car?

I changed car last week, called them up - they told me the difference. I paid it, and that was it.
The Jargen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can't get temp cover unless you've had your license for 6-11 months or 21 years old. The only other alternative is you buy a one year policy and then cancel after a month, but the refund will probably not cover the remaining months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (423)
30.28%
The paper was reasonable (551)
39.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (239)
17.11%
It was TERRIBLE (184)
13.17%

Watched Threads